cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling BT SPORT APP

nigeleck
Hooked

Cancelling BT SPORT APP

I want to cancel the BT SPORT APP. It was so easy to add but impossible to remove. If I'd known how difficult it was I wouldn't have taken it out. I feel plusnet/BT are ripping me off by making it so difficult to remove.
8 REPLIES 8
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Cancelling BT SPORT APP

Hi @nigeleck, thanks for getting in touch

We've cancelled the app for you now

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Rickardo
Dabbler

Can I just ask?? I’m planning to cancel the app at the end of the football season. How much notice do I have to give of this? I don’t want to be paying for the app when there is no football on.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@Rickardo The app is cancelled immediately/sometimes within 24-48 hours once requested. 

Gooner

I'm trying every which way to cancel the app... the picture quality is appalling and if that's due to internet that's a Plusnet issue... I'd like to cancel with zero bill.. I have recorded the picture quality for you to see. Can you please arrange for cancellation and ensure NIL payment as I only took subscription a few days back?
Rickardo
Dabbler

You could ring them on 0800 432 0080. I’ve just done that. The call lasted 8 minutes and most of that time I was in a queue. They also cancelled it with no hassle and didn’t even ask why. They didn’t shut it down immediately however and made me keep it until my next payment date which is next week.
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,170

@Gooner wrote:
I'm trying every which way to cancel the app... the picture quality is appalling and if that's due to internet that's a Plusnet issue... I'd like to cancel with zero bill.. I have recorded the picture quality for you to see. Can you please arrange for cancellation and ensure NIL payment as I only took subscription a few days back?

Thanks for getting in touch. I can see we've raised a support ticket on your account you can view and respond to by logging into your account online first then clicking Here. Once you've responded we'll get your BT Sport App subscription cancelled, however you'll still have to pay a pro-rata charge for the days you've had the app as we wouldn't be in a position to waive this unless we've had an opportunity to assist you with resolving the poor picture quality.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Gooner

Support Team have opened Question 214150587
I received an email stating this asked to respond, so I responded... now I get email stating no response so ticket closed! 😡
BT Sport needs closing from date of original request... I don't know what I need to do?!? Have messaged, sent clip of by sport in slow mo and general poor picture display.
I'm asking again for BT Sport to be cancelled else I will be cancelling my Direct Debit as I'm not paying £44 for crappy broadband and BT Sport!
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,170

Thanks for getting back to us @Gooner 

From what I can see you hadn't responded to the ticket. As per my previous response and the email we've sent you, we've asked you to log into your account online and reply to the ticket 214150587.

If you've responded to the email we send ticket notifications from, I'm sorry to say but your email would've bounced back as we don't have an email address for support queries.

I've raised a new ticket on your account under ref 214639510. Please login to your account and respond to this online.

Once you've done this if you can post back we'll be happy to make sure that's picked up as soon as we can. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team