cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Plusnet TV

stewp
Dabbler

Cancel Plusnet TV

Hi, I have not been using this service for a while and I am pretty sure that I have passed my 18 month minimum contract. How do I cancel the service? There is no information online or options in my account settings.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Cancel Plusnet TV

Copied from http://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

You may also cancel your broadband,phone and TV services by calling us on 0800 013 2632

or again using the above link

Cancellation Form
To Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
I wish to cancel my contract for (e.g. Unlimited Broadband): ................................................
Details of Services/Equipment I wish to cancel: .............................................................
Date ordered/received on: ...................................................................................
Name: .......................................................................................................
Address: ....................................................................................................
Phone number: ...............................................................................................
Date: .......................................................................................................
Reason for cancelling my service/equipment (e.g. stop service, transfer to another provider or other. Please include these details so that we can deal with your cancellation appropriately):

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Hi @stewp 

I would advise getting in contact with our Customer Options team regarding this as they are the department who can provide all relevant information about your product closure.

Telephone number: 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline)

Opening Times:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday

09:00 - 19:00 Saturday

09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Thanks, 

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
stewp
Dabbler

Just writing this down as a little annoyed by the situation.

My phone/broadband contract was 24 months (31st of July 2017 -> 30th of July 2019)

My TV contract was 18 months when I signed up

In my estimation my TV has ended and my BB/Phone is ongoing; however, I am unable to cancel my TV package without an early cancellation fee. I feel very mislead here as I agreed to a 18 month contract and not 24 month.

I am currently paying £38 a month for the "privilege" of being with Plusnet - it's a little disheartening as well when the current offers on the website for new customers is £24 for only 12 months of loyalty. Guess it is my own fault for signing up for 2 years, but needless to say I don't fancy staying after my current contract ends.

Stewp

DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

Wow!

I'd have assumed that once the TV (18months) was up it reverted to a month by month basis - thus you could rightly cancel this even though your other services were for 2 years!!

Something isn't right here and imho warrants further investigation

(I'd also locate proof of what deal you excepted - confirmation emails or on older closed tickets)

edit.

If you have a minimum term agreement, when your minimum term ends, a one month rolling term will apply.

Should you wish to cancel at the end of the minimum term, you will still need to give the required notice.

Should you wish to cancel within the minimum term (except as set out in 'Cancellation of service under the Consumer Contracts' below for residential accounts), you will normally have to pay an early termination charge for ending our agreement early. There may be some limited exceptions to for example if you cancel in the 14 day cancellation period or where we make a materially detrimental change to our terms and conditions.

This charge will be calculated by multiplying the time remaining of the minimum term by the early termination charge as set out in our relevant price guide.

(above from https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/ sub heading Contracts)

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @stewp,

Please accept my apologies for the response you received through our Customer Options Team.

Our TV packages are either 18 or 24 months and checking your account and the ticket history something doesn't quite match up. You can see the initial agreement in this ticket but I have updated the ticket you replied to here with the information that doesn't match up.

When you reply to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
stewp
Dabbler

Hi,
I have replied to the ticket.

Thanks,
Stewp
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Thank you for updating the ticket @stewp,

Your request has now been actioned, feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks again.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional