cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel BT Sport

Cancel BT Sport

I'm a Plusnet Broadband customer and last month I signed up to the BT Sports App online. I no longer need the app, so I opened my account to cancel it. There was no option to cancel. I thought that was odd, so I opened the Live Chat. The Live Chat is now only available for those who want to sign up. So I tried Twitter. Eventually got a reply from a customer service agent who told me to ring the help line so that I could 'discuss it'. 

1. I don't want to 'discuss' it, I want to cancel. 

2. My previous experiences with trying to contact Plusnet by phone have been dreadful and I have no intention of spending 20 minutes listening to Frank Sinatra or similar [-Censored-], slowly going insane, while hoping that someone might at some point answer my call. 

3. If it is possible to sign up online, then it ought to be possible to cancel online, as this is not a contract upgrade. 

4. By cutting off all effective routes to cancelling a product, surely Plusnet are falling foul of consumer law?

If I can't get this resolved, my only recourse will be to delete my financial details from my Plusnet account or possibly look for a different provider. Really shoddy customer service, of the kind you would expect from a dodgy fake company not a supposedly legitimate operation. 

Please sort it out

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cancel BT Sport

Update 

After much back and forth, I have finally been given the option, via Twitter, of cancelling it by raising a support ticket, after first being told that they couldn't access my account through that platform. 

It is clear that customer service operators are being told to steer people towards the call centre, which is disgraceful.