cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel BT Sport and BT Sport App

FIXED
Highlighted

Re: Cancel BT Sport and BT Sport App

Can someone cancel BT Sport and BT Spot app from my account. This is the third request, you previously told me this has been done, however it has not and is still showig on my next bill

I need confirmation of this request and a refund for April and May , please advise when this has been done

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi can I please get the bt sport app cancelled from my account as well been trying to get through to do this on the fone but accept there is limited staff etc at this time but don't want to pay another month as I don't use it. Thanks in advance x
Highlighted

Hi there, I would also like to cancel my BT Sport App subscription. Can't get through on the phone currently.

Thanks

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 3

Hi @bgibson97,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. As my response contains account sensitive information this is not something I can provide over this platform. I have created a support question on your account with the answer and you are able to respond to this. You can view this on the following link. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=202511606

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Dabbler

I thought Plusnet had cancelled my BT Sport Subscription in March, but now I have received an email stating that I will be charged again on my next bill as sport is ‘starting up’ again.

How are you supposed to cancel BT Sport if Plusnet are not allowing it? You can subscribe to BT Sport on the Plusnet website easily enough, but there is no facility to unsubscribe! Is this legal? 

I tried ringing but after several minutes of earache from the dreadful music I gave up. 

Is anybody from Plusnet there at all? Please answer my query or I will be finding a new ISP!

Highlighted

Hi, I’m having the same issue as a few other people. In still able to access the app and have been charged although you did confirm that it was cancelled. Could you possibly look into this for me?
Highlighted
Dabbler

I suspect that Plusnet are deliberately making it very difficult for people to unsubscribe from BT Sport. I thought I had been unsubscribed back in March, and only after a great deal of effort on this forum as well as on Twitter. I haven't accessed BT Sport any later than February of this year. 

I have to add that I was with BT for BT Sport from another account and moved to it Plusnet as it was much cheaper. It was very easy to unsubscribe from BT Sport on BT too. Plusnet, on the other hand, don't seem to understand that people might want to cancel BT Sport altogether. 

If they don't move on this within the next 24 hours I am changing my ISP to one I can trust. I have been with Plusnet since 2005 when I first set up an ADSL broadband account with them. What is even more galling is that they charge more the longer you've been with them. Standard practice of course which realises the maximum income from people who don't want to bother with changing their ISP every year. There is one I know that doesn't do this and that is where I am going. 

Highlighted

i have to wonder what they are doing . I must have spent 4 hours waiting on the phone at various times. i finally got through on the 18th june after receiving the notification that the charging was restarting and was once again offered to delay the subscription but was then reassured that it had been cancelled. Today I received the next months bill with another £10 charge. Plus net have now lost my business and I'm off to vodaphone purely because of this. I will see what happens as i am going to stop the direct debit so that they can't take the next £10 .

4 years as a happy customer ruined by this.

Highlighted
Dabbler

I have moved to Zen Internet, with the switch on Thursday, as a result of Plusnet’s incompetence. i was also annoyed that I was paying far more than I should be for my Internet connection - £40 when those on a new contract pay considerably less. Zen say that their monthly payment doesn’t rise at the end of the contract. They also have an excellent record for customer support.

Of course, having left Plusnet I then received an email from them saying that they were sorry I was going and could they keep my account if i only paid £25pm! That’s a bit late and, of course, completely makes the point I was trying to make. It would only go up again in the end wouldn’t it? 

The chaos over BT Sport was the nail in the coffin!

Highlighted

Hi,

Can you also cancel my subscription to BT Sports.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Support. 

I signed up to BT sport by accident last month. I’d like to unsubscribe but there does not seem to be a button for that.

Dave.

Highlighted
Dabbler

There is no button which is shocking. Unsubscribing is incredibly difficult! I was told you had to try this number: 0800 013 2632

Good luck - you may need it! You can also try contacting them on Twitter where I had more luck but they may not reply straight away - could take a day or a week...

The pain over this caused me to leave Plusnet having been with them for 15 years! They are not what they were.

Highlighted
Hooked

Cancel bt sport app I don't use it and am still being charged for 

Highlighted

Man this is difficult - directed to a page that does't exist twice (channel management)

Pls cancel my bt sports add-on

Sure I did this before - and now its been reactivated !!!

Thanks

S

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 21

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley , sorry to hear you want to cancel your BT Sport package. We’re not able to cancel here, please call 0800 013 2632 and my colleague will be happy able to help.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team