cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into router wirelessly when using IPTV channels.

lenfish
Dabbler

Can't log into router wirelessly when using IPTV channels.

Got my premium channels working after the recent software update, working fine and can download and record etc. The only thing is that when watching/and or recording them I can't get onto the internet wirelessly with my phone (same with my daughter's phone) the connection won't authenticate.
There's plenty of bandwidth left when watching/recording and accessing the internet on my computer via the wired connection at the same time is unaffected. I'm using a Billion 8800nl router connected to the YouView box via the supplied powerline adaptors. I've tried a factory reset of the Youview box and rebooting the router with no effect. Anyone any thoughts please?  
2 REPLIES
lenfish
Dabbler

Re: Can't log into router wirelessly when using IPTV channels.

Seem to have found a solution to my own problem. A thread on the Billion forums suggested enabling 'Wireless Multicast Forwarding" in the Billion router's wireless settings. Seems to have done the trick, hopefully someone else may find this information useful. 
Wrighty11
Grafter

Re: Can't log into router wirelessly when using IPTV channels.

Hi Lenfish,
Thanks for letting us know you got the issue sorted. It is  odd that this is a separate feature I would have thought it would have been on by default.