cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my Youview remote to work with my TV

nwiltshire1678
Grafter

Can't get my Youview remote to work with my TV

Just set up my Youview box and it's great. The only problem I have is that I cannot connect the remote to use to turn the tv on/off, volume, av, etc
I have tried the setup guide and used the supposed correct code for my brand. I have an Akura APL3268 tv. Anyone help?
6 REPLIES
ricke17
Grafter

Re: Can't get my Youview remote to work with my TV

BlackPearl
Grafter

Don't know if you are having the same issue I had with my TV but the code provided
(in my case for LG TV) is not the actual code but an instruction to the remote to try in sequence
all its internal codes for a TV make.
Now when you get to the press TV OFF button you have to keep it held down until the TV
turns OFF then IMMEDIATELY let go of button (whilst pressed the LED will flash for each code it is trying).
When TV On/OFF button is then pressed again it should turn TV back ON, then press OK to finish.
Took me an age to work out the need to wait for TV to go off and then not hold button after that.
Hope this sorts out your remote/TV issue.
Community Veteran

It's very convoluted. You need to follow the remote control process to the letter for it to work. I have an LG and it worked only after following all the steps.
Once programed the remote will control your tv volume as standard even when in STB mode. To alter STB volume you need to hold the AD button at the same time as the volume button the control will then alter the STB volume instead.
My advice is keep the page open or print it our to refer to while you program the remote.
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42493/session/
podman
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I found that none of the codes for my (Toshiba) TV on the list worked so I just started entering codes from 001 working upwards, luckily I found one that worked before too long (well under a dozen attempts to find the right one in my case).
[Edit] To qualify the above, I'm currently using my old Humax DTR-T1000 but I believe the remote is similar/compatible.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Got my new box yesterday, this has a different remote to my old DTR-T1000 and the single (4-digit) code for Toshiba worked just fine.
I believe that not all TVs are manufactured by the company named on the badge so sometimes the standard codes don't work.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
andywest129

Thanks Black Pearl! You are absolutely correct but this is explained very badly in the setup guide. I had the same problem on my JVC and tried a lot of codes and failed each time. As you say, the codes in the setup guide get the remote to try in sequence the codes available for that TV brand. Once the remote is then pointing at the TV and you press the TV OFF button, you have to continue to hold that button until the TV turns off - for my JVC, this meant holding the TV OFF button for about 2 minutes!! I was getting ready to give up, but thanks to you I persevered and the YouView remote does now control my TV. So BIG thanks!!