cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get BT Sport App to work

Highlighted

Can't get BT Sport App to work

I have activated the app on Plusnet, downloaded the app and logged in, I click that I'm a Plusnet customer and it takes me to the Plusnet page to buy the BT Sport package.  Yes I am logging into BT using the same email address, any clues cos my husband is driving me up the wall!!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 107

Re: Can't get BT Sport App to work

Hi @Littleflower71,

I'm sorry that you're not able to use the BT Sport app at the moment and for any inconvenience that this has caused.

I've had a look into this and, because you've taken BT Sport as part of a Youview package, your BT Sport app activation is tied into your Youview activation. Once you've received and connected your Youview box, your Youview package will be activated and you should then be able to use the BT Sport app.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted

I connected my Youview box last night and was watching TV through it for several hours, same this morning before work!

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 59

Hi @Littleflower71, have you set up a new BT ID (can be done via this link here) and if so are you using an email address that has been previously used with a BT ID? or are you using an existing BT ID that you already had?

Can you send us a PM with a screen shot showing the error when you get when logging in?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted

I too am having problems viewing BT Sport on both apps( windows 10 and android) and via browsers (chrome, firefox, Edge, IE). When using the apps i get error ID004 (please check you are connected to wi-fi or mobile internet and try again). Using the browsers I get error VC004 (sorry there was a problem playing the content). I've been able to view BT sport in both apps and via browsers perfectly fine previously however since yesterday i've had no joy.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 391

Thanks for getting in touch @CardinalChunder

From checking the BT support pages the ID004 app error can be caused by data-compression apps. Have you recently installed one of these on your phone and tablet?

The VC004 error is just a generic error saying you're not connected to the internet. Can you advise if you're still having issues?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted

@MatthewWheeler  i was definitely connected to the internet when getting VC004 errors. As far as I'm aware I have no data compression software on either my PC or phone. Just checked now and still getting same errors in browsers and apps.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 943

Thanks for getting back to us @CardinalChunder 

Could you PM me screenshots of the errors you're getting so I can investigate further?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team