cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get signal via YouView Box

Sara82
Hooked

Can not get signal via YouView Box

I've been through the help section on the box , tried everything and retuned I don't know how many times . The channels are available in my area but I still can't get itv, channel 4 & 5 and others . Any other suggestions. Is there a way to take the signal from my Sky dish/sky box ?

6 REPLIES
agedgopher
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Can not get signal via YouView Box

Simple answer is no. Freeview is only available via a UHF tv aerial. Do you have an aerial connected to your Freeview box?

Sara82
Hooked

Yes there is an aerial attached but it doesn't seem to be beneficial , followed all the help section and no joy - any other ideas ?
agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

have you ever used the aerial with a tv to get channels normally?

Sara82
Hooked

Before we were connected to sky yes used freeview coming through TV , this is what makes it all the more strange !
agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

Ah good. Connect the aerial lead to the aerial input on the Youview box and then connect the box to the tv with either an HDMI lead or scart lead. Select the appropriate input on the tv, either HDMI or scart.

Switch on the Youview box and go to the settings menu, select tv channels and then select retune. The box will find your local transmitter and add the channels you want. You can then go back and look at signal quality which will tell you what signal strength you have.

Hope I am not telling you something that you have already done, but hope this helps.

agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

@Sara82 I hope that you are now up and running with the Youview box. Just to put you in the picture there will be a major change to the Freeview service on Wednesday. This may require another retune of your box and tv.