cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt sports cancelling

Blue2

Bt sports cancelling

Hi can anyone help with cancelling my btsports on plusnet , as cannot find where to cancel subscription cheers blue2

26 REPLIES 26
MJe

Re: Bt sports cancelling

i too want to cancel, could you tell me how to post a message on forum?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,291

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Introductions to TV

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
secretary

I also want to suspend/cancel BT Sport. Matthew says it is fixed, but how do you do it?

hogshead

I too want to cancel BT sport and there is no way to do it online and you cannot get through to the call centre. Funny how there is very clear guidance and links online to sign up for it but nobody has the opportunity to use the same ease of access for cancelling. This is shameless and I will be writing to OFFCOM to make a complaint about this. You must allow people to cancel products in as easy a fashion as you allow them to sign up. It is also noticeable that when people ask you this question in the forum you do not respond with an answer but offer them a personal "ticket" so that they can sort their individual situation out, thus deliberately denying everybody else a solution.

secretary

Hogshead, I'll certainly support you in any such complaint

MJe

I absolutely agree with you given the current climate its a disgrace, im still non the wiser about how to cancel, most organisations are helping customers cancel or defer payments but plusnet doesn't care there is no live sport at the moment so they should blanket cancel customers subscriptions, im paying £10 per month for nothing and no means to cancel it, this is daylight robbery and  unless plusnet make it simplier to cancel i will be contacting my MP to deal with it. Shame on you plusnet

philg

Please can you help me cancel my BT sport? It would be so much easier if it could be done online.

Protey
Hooked

This is sharp practise from PlusNet and it's really lowered my opinion of them.

As other posters have said, the phone line isn't answered regardless of the time of day you call.

The online chat is offline.

You cannot cancel using the online Account Management tool.

PlusNet don't accept emails. I tried email from a previous tech inquiry and the auto-reply came back explaining that they don't take emails in case they're lost or mis-directed. Absolute nonsense.

They are now offering a 'goodwill gesture' of one month free of charge on BT Sport if you fill in an online application form.

You can find this on the website if you look hard enough.

They should, at the very least, have an online form enabling you to cancel rather than take the 'month off'.

I know everyone's under pressure but PlusNet are part of BT, not a small company.

Quite simply, they are intentionally putting obstructions in the way. It's a disgrace.  

djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I had TV as soon as it was launched. On my account I have got a TV icon in my account. They changed there systems and I assume they have now dropped the TV icon.. check if you have TV icon. If you have you can cancel BT sport's on line.

dvorak

You can fill in a form here https://comm.plus.net/k/Karmarama/bt_sport_subscription_discount
Customer / Moderator
Protey
Hooked

Hi Dvorak,

Thanks.

I saw this on the website.

However, it is only a one-month 'free of charge' offer as a 'goodwill gesture' from PlusNet.

It doesn't allow you to cancel.

PlusNet could easily have made this a choice of 'payment holiday' or 'cancel subscription'. 

They choose not to.

dvorak

fair enough, guess you'll need to wait patiently for staff response then Smiley
Customer / Moderator
philg

How can I get a staff response?? I still want to cancel. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it.

Protey
Hooked

I went to the BT Sports app on my phone, went to 'Help' and there's a tab which states:

How to add or remove the BT Sport App from PlusNet from your PlusNet account.

It then gives you a link to the website for adding or removing the app by following the instructions.

Guess what? When you open the web page it enables you to add the subscription but not cancel it.  

See the attached screenshot. Give it a go and please let me know if you find a way to cancel this.

Thanks.