Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt sport app on firestick

FIXED
dinger16
Hooked

Bt sport app on firestick

I have the Bt sports app on my tablet but i am having trouble putting it on my firestick. Plusnet assures me it is compatible. I used Apps to fire and it said it was sucessful but i cant find it. I also tried via the app store and it said it was already installed. Any suggestions please

9 REPLIES 9
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Re: Bt sport app on firestick

Fix

Hi @dinger16,

I'm very sorry if you were told that you would be able to use the BT Sport app on your Amazon Firestick. I can confirm that the BT Sport app is not currently compatible with the Firestick.

The BT Sports app is compatible with Apple devices running iOS8 or later, Android devices running OS4.3 or later and Windows devices running Windows 10.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dinger16
Hooked

Thank you very much. That explains things. I have always had a high regard for the teams at plusnet, but that duff gen caused me hours of wasted time and I assumed I was doing things wrong. Is there not a way of giving us access via the BT tv app which i think includes BT sport. Cheers

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 61

Hi @dinger16 I am really sorry that you was incorrectly advised. We can't provide the BT TV App I'm afraid. You are able to cast the BT Sport App to a TV via Chromecast or Apple TV. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dinger16
Hooked

As a further Now I am told it works on W10, how do you get it on a laptop running w10. thank you

Jaggies
Community Veteran

Go to the Windows Store and search BT Sport. Works fine here on Win 10. Word of caution - when viewing it starts in very low res while it works out your connection speed, then switches to a suitable resolution for your connection and screen type after a few seconds..
Macc2018
Rising Star

if i got BT Sport from PN would i be able to log in to the app on a Win10 laptop and would i need to use my PN login details for the BT sport app?

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Macc2018

You can use it via the BT Sports website on a Win 10 laptop, and you would use the BT Sport ID that you created when you signed up for BT Sports.

Dean R
 Plusnet Staff
dinger16
Hooked

It would appear that it is only possible on touch screen W10. Is this correct?

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,138

It should work on a Windows 10 laptop or PC too.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team