cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt sport app on Samsung TV

tolmie35
Grafter

Bt sport app on Samsung TV

Hi there, I have a BT sports sub with plusnet, i noticed that my tv has the BT sports app, will this work and how do i set this up.

Do I get access to the bt sports app with my sub or do i need to subscribe to that specificall as i need in details that i supposedly get access but also noticed a £5 sports a sub.

15 REPLIES
tolmie35
Grafter

Re: Bt sport app on Samsung TV

Also i get the following when trying to create an account.

bterror.JPG

Fixes: 348

If you're using the YouView box then the app on your TV wouldn't actually give you any additional benefit.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

tolmie35
Grafter

Sorry yes it would, it would mean that i can watch bt sport in my bed instead of downstairs.

Thanks

Daniel28012
Grafter

I have a Samsung TV and the only app I can see is BT TV not bt sports my TV is only 1 day old as well. The bt TV app is for bt customers only. Unfortunately I think the previous poster was thinking you where attempting to use the app on the same TV as your youview box is connected.

The Best way to use bt sports on your second TV is to purchase and use a Chromecast there only£30 and it works perfectly for what you want to do.
tolmie35
Grafter

Hi Daniel, I think you could be right, Im not at home but ye that makes sense, otherwise how to i setup bt tv app as above I've provided the error I get.

tolmie35
Grafter

I guess I'll need to phone to get the answers.

Daniel28012
Grafter

What answers?Huh
tolmie35
Grafter

Question above

Do I get access to the bt sports app with my sub or do i need to subscribe to that specifically as i see in details that i supposedly get access but also noticed a seperate £5 bt sports sub.

and also error in screenshot when i try to register for bt id

Daniel28012
Grafter

The app on the TV is definitely for bt customers only as it has more than just bt sports on it such as bt player content and channels which plusnet don't sell.
tolmie35
Grafter

Sorry you are not understanding my question, ignore the app on my TV.

Does my subscription give me access to the BT sport app?

Why do i get an error as above when tryign to create BT ID?

Daniel28012
Grafter

If you have bt sports on youview then yes you can access the bt sports app on phone and tablet you need to use the links that are on your order confirmation email to create a bt id. It's also best to use a alternative email address if you are a former BT customer
tolmie35
Grafter

Ok, as above i get the error when trying to create the BT ID as above

Daniel28012
Grafter

If you used the link in the email it's then a issue but this forum does have plusnet staff on it so if you by patient I'm sure one will take a look for you.

In regards to the TV app I tried it myself and I have a working BT I'd with bt sports on it but it doesn't work even though I typed the correct information in see attached picture. So the only way to get it on your second TV is to go down the Chromecast route once your id is fixed.

@adamwalker maybe you could help out with this one please.
tolmie35
Grafter

Hi there, I phoned up and they are going to resolved.

Im not going down the chromecast route as I dont want a horrible dongle hanging from the back of my tv, i will cast from my laptop to the tv. It would be nice if there was an app in future to make this better.