cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt sport app on Samsung TV

tolmie35
Grafter

Re: Bt sport app on Samsung TV

Guys any update on this, now 3 weeks, can this now been excalated to management please.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @tolmie35 

I'm sorry to hear you wish to escalate this to management - our complaints process can be found here

Whilst it is completely within your right to do this, management will have no further knowledge on this issue than we do here. The IMT is being dealt with by our Incident Team and therefore, management will not have any updates on this before we do. 

Apologies, 

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Cheers, spoke to fella on phone so seems to be a bigger issue than i thought, thanks.

firecrackerjim
Dabbler

I get alot of buffering on my 50" JU6800 Tv via the app but not on my xbox one version of the app, every football match pauses and says loading atleast 5 -10 times per game
tolmie35
Grafter

Just be happy it works, not worked for me for 3 weeks going on 4.

StephenJB2
Hooked

I get buffering on my TV too - a Samsung.

Viewing BT Sport is fine on a tablet, and on the TV via a Chromecast.  I can stream 4k from YouTube and Amazon Prime to the TV without any issues.

Viewing on the TV app is usually OK (the one minute lag notwithstanding) for about twenty minutes, then the dreaded dots start circling.  I usually interrupt the feed and restart it.  If I don't, the dots get more frequent and the lag creeps up to five minutes.

Can anyone suggest the best place to raise this, if not here?

firecrackerjim
Dabbler

I think the app is trying to work with low memory on some sammy Tv's and needs to be optimized, i bet it would work just fine if you could select SD only, I find the app buffers less if you turn the TV off then On restarting the smart hub

tolmie35
Grafter

Ok, so this issue has been on going for a few months now, SLA wise this is a disgrace, to add insult I get the following email below, time to cancel my contract I think, its not good enough.

Dear Mr Tolmie,

Thank you for your patience.

Is this issue related to the BT sport app or BT sports over sky. Please get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online via Online Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can assist with anything else.

You can get answers to most questions using our support pages by going to Help and Support where you can find helpful guides for most issues.

You can respond directly to this question by going to My Open Questions

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 38

Hi @tolmie35, thanks for getting back in touch.

Please accept my apologies for the email you have recently received, I appreciate the frustration this would cause. I'll be passing on internal feedback in regards to this. With regards to the issue you've been having with your BT Sport App, while I don't have any updates to provide you as of yet I can assure you we are actively working on a fix.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Was just chasing an update on this since its been on going for over 2 months and got the reply below. 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) amended attachment to redact CSA name and remove personal information of the poster as it's a public forum.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @tolmie35

I am afraid the matter which is part of a common issue is still trying to get fixed by the Incidents team. @adamwalker who has taken this as a personal ticket, updated the ticket 187378492 on 16/04/2019 stating that we are still awaiting a fix.

I am sorry for the time it is taking to get this issue resolved. It is an issue that my account is also affected by which I understand and appreciate how frustrating it is. Thank you for your patience.

Faris N
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Ok, from Feb to May and still not resolved, have to say quite astonishing.

Cheers

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Hi @tolmie35

I am extremely sorry for the length of time this issue is taking to resolve. This is part of an issue that is being worked by our Incident Management Team and can assure you that this is actively being investigated.

Thank you for your patience regarding this, I do apologise for how long this is taking and understand how frustrating this must be for you.

Warwick
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

I dont get it, all you need to do is remove the app from my account- re add it, send me the email and then I register and thats it.

If thats not the case then why dont we just create a new account, theres noway that this is not working for new memebers etc, no chance, its hard to beleive im being told the truth here.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 38

Thanks for your response @tolmie35.

While I appreciate the frustration you have, the problem you're experiencing is part of a wider issue that is being worked on. Until the wider issue is resolved removing and re-adding might not fix the problem. It is a lengthy process applying fix but as soon as we have any further updates we will let you know accordingly.

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team