cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt Sport - Help

Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

Bt Sport - Help

Just so I know for future, if you take out BT Sport online, is it added to your next broadband bill or billed completely separately?
If you only want the sport for 30 days, as you have to give 30 days notice, can you phone up same day you took it out to cancel it for 30 days later?
I assume cannot cancel yourself online.

Help for future info on this much appreciated
15 REPLIES 15
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 126

Re: Bt Sport - Help

BT Sport is added or removed immediately and the charge will be on your next bill that also has other charges on it like broadband. 

If you add or remove BT Sport partway during a billing month then your next bill will show pro-rata charges or discounts so you’ll be paying for the days you’ve got it and no more or less. 

The service can be added online via your account but unfortunately it can only be removed from our side. Quickest way would be to phone us.

The partial exception to this rule is BT Sport over Sky. It can take a few days to activate once added and if you remove it, it’ll deactivate on your next bill date so you’ll have it until then.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

Thanks.
What if in future I only want it for the 30 days? How would I make sure I am only charged for those 30 days?

Many thanks
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You can have BT Sport for as long as you’d want. I’d recommend adding it on when you want it and remove it when you don’t. Smiley Unless you’re referring to BT Sport over Sky?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

No just the app. Terms and conditions does state 30 days notice though which is why I thought if you want it only for 1 month, you give notice to cancel on the day you sign up
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I apologise for the confusion. I can confirm that our systems will generate pro-rata charges and/or discounts if you add and/or remove the BT Sport App subscription within a billing month. 

Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

So if I just want it for 1 month how can I ensure I am only charged for that 1 month. My bills produced 3rd each month, please give example in line with this
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

As per my initial response you’ll only be charged for the days you’ve had the app. For example if you add the app on today and call us on 28th July to remove the app, you’ll only be charged between the 28th June and 28th July. Smiley

Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

Then what bill would that be on? 03 August?
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You pay for your services in advance so you’ll see the £10 charge on the 3rd July plus pro-rata charges because you would’ve added this partway during your billing month.

If you cancel on 28th July then on the 3rd August you’ll see a pro-rata discount because you would’ve cancelled during a billing month. 

Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

Okay so day I purchase it on 03 September and cancel it 03 October. I would suspect that the charge would go on 03 Oct bill and it would be a total of £10 as there is no pro rata. To cancel so not charged again, I cancel on 03 Oct?
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

If you do that because you’re cancelling on your billing date, you’ll likely still be charged for the month going forward but the bill following should show a discount to cover that. 

It may be best to buy and cancel the app a day before your bill date.

However it shouldn’t really make a difference when you buy or cancel it because pro-rata billing will ensure you’re just paying for what you use. 

Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

Thanks so if I cancel before my billing date as you said 1 day before then max charge will be £10?
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Aye that’s correct. Actually if you buy on your bill date then cancel 1 day before your next bill date then that should ensure you’re paying no more than £10. (If you buy 1 day before your bill date then pro-rata billing would charge an extra day)

Hamiltoncolin0
Grafter

Thanks understood.
So if buy on 3 Sept, cancel 2 Oct I would be charged 3 Sept to 02 Oct. All chargeable to 03 Oct bill at a max of £10?