Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt Sport App on NowTV

FIXED
SylviaB
Dabbler

Bt Sport App on NowTV

The BT Sport App is now available on my Nowtv stick and I have installed it. I was wondering if I pay Plusnet to have BT Sport as an add on to my Broadband account will I be able to watch the football via this app on my Now TV stick.

I don't want to order it and find I cannot use it.

Please could anybody advise me

Many Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Bt Sport App on NowTV

@SylviaB Plusnet do not support BT Sport on NowTV. See this thread.

https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Now-Tv-and-BT-Sport-do-we-pay-PlusNet/m-p/1742079#M8217 

djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Fix

If you have the BT Sport app from Plusnet the Now TV app does work. It only launched very recently. You log in with the details that you would use to login on phone or tablet to use the BT Sport App.

SylviaB
Dabbler

Thanks for your replies. 

davel8r
Grafter
Fixes: 3

@SylviaB Did you get this to work as I'm thinking of doing the same and there is conflicting advice on the internet.

Thanks

nufclad147
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Im interested if a PlusNet acquired  BT app ID subscription works upon the BT sport app bundled upon Nowt tv stick.. I more inclined to lean towards the reply from Forum staff saying it don't  but I live in hope 6 mths later it now possible Huh

SylviaB
Dabbler

Hi

I have been mulling this over for some time. Today I have taken the plunge and ordered it.

As soon as I check that it works I will let you know

SylviaB
Dabbler

Hi

Yes BT Sport App is working on my Now TV stick

😁😁😁

Sylvia

nufclad147
Dabbler

hi SylviaB   can you confirm that you are using the BT sport Plusnet subscription £10 a month  ID on the Nowt tv Bt sport app just a site admin replied to you in June that it would not be possible to log in... but it would seem you have success ?

SylviaB
Dabbler

Sorry but I have only just spotted your question.

Yes I did buy the £10 a month BT Sport App from Plusnet. 

I have a Now TV stick with the BT Sport App on it and can now view BT Sport on it with the Plusnet purchase.

When I first asked the question back in June the BT Sport App had only just become available on the  Now TV stick so up until then it would not have been possible. I think that is why I received two different answers to my question.

I hope this helps

nufclad147
Dabbler

Thanks for the info I will now no doubt invest in the now tv stick I see the App is also on the new Google chrome TV dongle too.

Just wondering I take it one can navigate fully the BT app using the Now tv App remote.?, I ask because my experience with an Android box using remote it was impossible to navigate to live TV button to select chs, I was forced to use a wireless scroll pad keyboard in order to get the curser to select live tv button then select ch...

I'm guessing this is not an issue on the Now TV stick App...?

SylviaB
Dabbler

I have found the Now TV remote is fine to use