cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband or Youview problem?

smithydog
Hooked

Broadband or Youview problem?

We have not been able to get our subscription channels for last few days, we have been particularly trying to watch the BT sport channels. It comes up with error code ipc6002 (which according to 'help pages' is a broadband issue) and then says the channel isn't part of our subscription, it is according to my bill! I have rebooted the router, reset the Power line adapters and done a soft reset on the Youview box. The box states it's connected to the internet on the settings page, it will record BT sport, except bookings for recordings from a mobile, we can watch iplayer etc through the Youview box. We had a similar thing happen just over a month ago and we ended up with an engineer and loosing all our recordings, something we are keen to avoid if possible. I have tried to contact Plusnet who say i need to phone the TV helpline, just wondered if there's any help out there as I can see me getting passed from one dept to another.
6 REPLIES 6
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

Re: Broadband or Youview problem?

Hi @smithydog I'm sorry to see you're having issues watching your subscription channels. With the error code you've got I've been looking into this and is there any way you'd be able to connect your YouView set top box directly into the router using an ethernet cable? This should narrow down where the issue may lie by ruling out the problem to be the powerline adapters/internal wiring. 

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
smithydog
Hooked

Hi, should've said we've also plugged directly into the router so know it's not the powerlines
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @smithydog 

I'm looking into this with a colleague for advice on what the next steps are and I'll post back when I know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @smithydog Sorry for the delay, I've discussed this with a colleague and I've tested your broadband for an issue which may be impacting your TV service and the tests aren't showing any issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at the previous fault you had a few months ago, it looks like following an engineer went out and fitted an 12db attenuator on to the aerial although it looks like this caused further issues with your Freeview channels. Unsure what resolved that to be honest as I can see we sent you a few checks but we didn't hear back afterwards.

If the problem is the same as last time and the steps you carried out then don't resolve the problem, I'm afraid we'd need to arrange another engineer visit to investigate this further.

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead and I'll be happy to organise this with you.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
smithydog
Hooked

Hi, my son has just tried BT Sport and it works! Somehow it seems to have righted itself - for now! I haven't done anything to it in the last couple of days but somehow it now works.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @smithydog that's good to see even though we've not got to the bottom of the issue. Let me know if it does become a problem again though. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team