Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box nation

FIXED
Amadeus
Grafter

Box nation

Hi

if I go to the Box Nation channel I am told that this device is not compatible with this device.  Bit confused by that - PlusNet gave me the box so surely it must work with the channels they offer?

5 REPLIES
djcjuk
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Box nation

Box nation is a Freeview channel and works on some TVs but I think it requires subscription. Do an internet search and you should find details.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Looks like djcjuk is right.

Their site advises a subscription through them is required:

http://www.boxnation.com/
£12 per month and no registration fee for TalkTalk, Freeview, EE, online and app (iOS, Android, Amazon) customers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Amadeus
Grafter

Thanks guys.

If I go to the site FAQ I get:

• Select BoxNation on channel 255. It may take up to 30 seconds to begin streaming the promotional video. If you see a message on screen saying "your device is not compatible" or "service loading please wait" which doesn’t subsequently clear after about one minute, then your TV or STB is unfortunately not compatible with these services. Our providers are constantly working to open up access to as many devices as possible but some older TVs and STBs may not conform to the necessary requirements to receive BoxNation.

So that looks to me as if it's not compatible with the box that PlusNet supply.  Now, that's not a massive problem for me, but I'm curious more than anything - why are PlusNet supplying this over their network (it is an Internet channel isn't it)?

Rgds

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Fix

Nope it is a freeview+ channel, an online one not one via your aerial. Nothing to do with PN.

Amadeus
Grafter

Gotcha - that was my misunderstanding.  Thanks!