Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time to order youview tv as a new customer

FIXED
GarethE

Best time to order youview tv as a new customer

Hi There,

Yesterday I have switched my broadband and landline from BT to plusnet and am currently in the 10 day waiting period. I also currently have youview and bt sport with BT. I have read that I cannot order youview TV and bt sport with Plusnet until broadband is activated which will leave me without TV from the time I am activated until delivery of the youview box etc. When is the best time to place my order to minimise the amount of time without TV or is there anyway around this?

8 REPLIES 8
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

Re: Best time to order youview tv as a new customer

Fix

Welcome aboard @GarethE 

As soon as your broadband goes live with us (Assuming you've ordered a fibre service and you can get a speed of at least 15mbps) I'd recommend calling our customer options TV team on 0800 0113 217 to place the order.

Although you may need to wait until the day after your broadband goes live, because our systems generally can't carry out product changes on the day an order completes.

Once you've then plugged in your set top box, your YouView service should be up and running with us. We'd need to send you a Plusnet box as part of ordering TV, but I think your BT one will work so you may not need to wait for ours to arrive. If your BT box doesn't work with our YouView service, you should receive our set top box within 3 working days.

So in theory if your BT set top box works with us you should only be without a YouView service for about 1 working day, but if it doesn't work then you'd be without the service for up to about 4 working days.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

@GarethE 

Dont do it as i ordered my TV from them and got the box and its all been a nightmare ever since.

as can not watch channels as they bulls up at there end and they wont admit it and telling me i have to wait up to 10 days for it to start working.

so if you dont want the stress of it all i would keep away from there TV.

Fixes: 818

Whereas I've not had any issues, mistakes and issues can happen and that's not good.
But there are also countless people without issues using the TV service fine.

Commenting like that isn't going to help anyone is it?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Macc2018 Following our conversation yesterday I do sincerely apologise for the issues you've had. I've added a reply on to another thread you've commented on and you'd be able to view that by going Here 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

Well today i am now in day 1 of failed billing and i bet everything all works ok when you go to block my broadband overnight night!!!!!!!

you lot dont have any issues with doing that.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Macc2018 Please see my reply to your private message. There are no restrictions showing on your account, can you advise what you see when you try to browse the web?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
GarethE

Thank you Anoush,

Everything went perfectly. My broadband and telephone service went live on Friday 24th January, I ordered the TV and BT sports package on that day. The TV continued to work on my BT box but without BT Sports on the day of the switch. New Youview box arrived today, Monday 27th January. I have just switched the box over and BT Sports is working again. Excellent Customer Service from the Plusnet team, thank you all.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Excellent! Cheers for the post back, it's always good to see when everything goes to plan. 

(Working in customer support I generally only see the occasions when things go horribly wrong)

Feel free to let us know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team