cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTV-437

dezzie

BTV-437

Happy Friday all!

Yesterday I received my new YouView box all excited to watch some football only to find I've been hit by the dreaded BTV-437 error that I've seen mentioned on this thread.  Last night I was told by customer services to leave it 24 hours as it takes that long to activate.

I called them today as the issue persists and they informed me I'm affected by an ongoing issue and that normally they would reapply the package and everything would appear as it should, however their systems won't let them do that due to a bug.

Asking them how long this will take to fix, they informed me that it is unlikely to be this year as all their developers are working on a new billing system which if they don't implement in time will land them with a hefty fine from Ofcom.  Furthermore, they are not able to cancel my package and have me send it back due to the earlier mentioned issue.  I'm also stuck in a brand new 24 months contract for a product I can't even use!

Really not happy about this, has anyone else heard similar?  Especially about them prioritising the billing software over actual customer issues really making me angry - is there anything anyone knows of to get my channels up and running?

8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 180

Re: BTV-437

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had with our support team and the problem you're having with your YouView service. Leave this with me, I'll need to speak to a few people and I'll get back to you soon.

With regards to your contract, I understand you've since called our support team and that aspect has been sorted?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your patience. I have looked into this and I can see the component on your account has not yet activated. Ideally, this should have automatically activated when you plugged your YouView box in.

As this hasn't happened, the failsafe is basically that the component should activate automatically 10 working days after the box was ordered. So I'd expect this to happen by the 31st and from then you shouldn't see the BTV 437 error.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardB
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi Anoush,

You are one of the most proactive and helpful PN Staff and yet Dezzie has to wait for 5 more days to receive the TV service he is paying for?

Are the PN youview systems so poorly designed that Dezzie's youwview account cannot be manually activated and days have pass before he can receive the service?

My mind boggles!

Richard

dezzie

Thanks for your reply but sadly too late.

Despite a number of calls about the issue - you are the first to ever ever mention of this fail safe - on each instance I've been told that my issue is unlikely to be resolved this year.  I got assurance that I could leave the contract penalty free due to this and go to another provider.

Interested on how I would go about doing this - I spoke to your 'customer options' team who told me if I wanted to, I could cancel whenever I want to and go to another provider, your advisor helpfully offered to cancel the contract there and then for me - I asked her not to as I hadn't decided

Jump 30 or so minutes later and I have an email confirming that my account has been cancelled for me! I contemplated calling up and getting angrier, but in the end I went with someone else. 

It's a shame as I'd been very happy with the broadband offering and only had problems when I ordered TV.  The fact that the billing system had been prioritised over my issue left a bitter taste in my mouth and I didn't have any regrets leaving in the end.  Perhaps one day when your systems are all up to date and I can feel more confidence in you, I'll be back, sadly not for now.

RichardB
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi Dezzie,

Be careful make sure PN have NOT cancelled your account. That could lead to PN ceasing your broadband service and phone line.

If that were to happen whichever new ISP you choose will not be able to migrate your service over leading to delays in setting up the service with them.

In addition, it could lead to a £30 cease charge from openreach which PN will pass on to you.

Richard

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Are the PN youview systems so poorly designed that Dezzie's youwview account cannot be manually activated and days have pass before he can receive the service?

Unfortunately so.

Despite a number of calls about the issue - you are the first to ever ever mention of this fail safe

Apologies that this was not mentioned to you.

Interested on how I would go about doing this - I spoke to your 'customer options' team who told me if I wanted to, I could cancel whenever I want to and go to another provider, your advisor helpfully offered to cancel the contract there and then for me - I asked her not to as I hadn't decided

Jump 30 or so minutes later and I have an email confirming that my account has been cancelled for me! I contemplated calling up and getting angrier, but in the end I went with someone else. 

The adviser has simply removed the contract term from your account.

Your account is still open and we're happy to continue to provide you with a service and I'm happy to keep a watchful eye over this and I'll follow up on the 31st.

The fact that the billing system had been prioritised over my issue left a bitter taste in my mouth and I didn't have any regrets leaving in the end.  Perhaps one day when your systems are all up to date and I can feel more confidence in you, I'll be back, sadly not for now.

I don't think this is a case of prioritising something over something else.

My understanding is that the YouView system is working by design.

Be careful make sure PN have NOT cancelled your account. That could lead to PN ceasing your broadband service and phone line.

As above, this is not the case.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
dezzie

Well it's the 31st and still no channels - I'm beginning to suspect your customer service advisers were correct when they said it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I think one of the key lessons I hope Plusnet learn from all this is the importance of good communication - I genuinely thought my account had been cancelled and a cease was going to be put on my line, and maybe your tech support guys were a little too honest when telling me that the billing system  was the priority, definitely left a sour taste.

While I have already ordered a new package with a new provider I don't really fancy the hassle that comes with it all -  perhaps Plusnet could find a magic fix somewhere, i think there's 6 days til my new package goes live Smiley

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Well it's the 31st and still no channels

Yeah I noticed the component was still queued-activate. Sad

While I have already ordered a new package with a new provider

I'm sorry that you're leaving because of this. All the best though with your new provider.

perhaps Plusnet could find a magic fix somewhere, i think there's 6 days til my new package goes live

I've put the ticket with our provisioning team, so hopefully they can conjure up some magic.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team