cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTV-437 Error

FIXED
gsellors68

BTV-437 Error

Hello and compliments of the season to you.

I receiving and installed my Plusnet YouView+ box yesterday. Tried to watch BT Sports 1 (along with other internet channels) and a message appeared to add this channel followed by a BTV 437 error message. The On Demand channels work fine.

I powered down the box & router and tried again, but to no avail. Rang through to the helpdesk, repeated the above, full factory reset, confirmed latest software, another reboot but still no resolution (Ticket 140895346 raised).

A quick google search suggests this error message 437 is a known Plusnet error, and correspondents suggest a disproportionately long time in getting this resolved.

In your experience, would I be better off exercising my cooling off period and cancelling my contract within 14 days of ordering YouView, or can this issue be resolved quickly via downloading a patch or some other solution?

Thanks,

G

6 REPLIES
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: BTV-437 Error

@BenB fixed this error for someone in another thread. 

I think some of the early delays were not knowing what the problem was, hopefully Plusnet have a quick repeatable solution so you wont be off for long. Not sure if Ben is in at the moment though, @Anoush is quite active in the past few days so may know if Ben is around or might be able to find out what his fix was!

agedgopher
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Fix

The fix that @BenB came up with was as copied below.

"I did a fix the other day for someone who was experiencing similar issues to you and it did resolve the issue. You may have done this before but I'm going to do it in the same order I did the other day.

Can you switch off your router for at least 30 minutes please and then reboot it and leave the connection for a further 5 minutes.

Once this is done can you do a soft reset on your Youview box if there are recordings that your wanting to keep, if not please perform a full factory reset".

Hope that this will help

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 114

I heard my name.

I'm really sorry to hear you're not able to watch your TV channels @gsellors68 Though, I'm not actually TV trained, however I have taken a look at your account.

One of my colleagues has advised that if the checks you've done haven't resolved the issue then the next step is to raise the issue with our Incident Management team to look into this further, which I've done now.

I hope it's resolved over the long weekend, however because it's bank holiday it may not be picked up until next Tuesday.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Sad

I'm joining the Plusnet Help Team as of May. As such, I now have a new forum account. Please direct any queries to @Gandalf. Thanks

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
gsellors68

This resolved the issue first time (or was the software download dated 31st Dec also responsible??)

Either way, many thanks for taking the time out to take a look for me.

Edit: Just need the following message to change on the website now so I can upgarde to all sports/HD channels!

Sorry, your YouView TV from Plusnet service isn't ready yet.

Please come back once you've received your set top box and plugged it in.

All4One
Grafter

I had this issue. Simple reboots keeping same IP address wasn't fixing it but turning off for over an hour and when the IP changed, the BTV error vanished Smiley

gsellors68

Re Unable to add channels owing to the following message: 

Sorry, your YouView TV from Plusnet service isn't ready yet.

Please come back once you've received your set top box and plugged it in.

Have now rang the help desk on two occasions. The second (unactioned) ticket states my question has now been put on hold for seven days! No other documented actions could be found.

Why is so problematic for Plusnet to deliver its services?