cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTV-437 Error code from Humax DTR-T2000 Youview box

GrottoTree
Grafter

BTV-437 Error code from Humax DTR-T2000 Youview box

Today I purchased a 1TB Humax DTR-T2000 YouView box from a retailer, and when I plugged it in and update the firmware as prompted on screen, I noticed that I got a lot of extra TV channels that one does not normally get over free to air services.

When I try to view these non free channels, I get a "BTV-437" error code. 

I have not yet got a Aerial installed as that is being done this Monday, but I am just wondering if I signed up to Plusnet's YouView service for £5 a month, whether I would be able to receive these extra channels like Discovery, History, Syfy, etc... on my DTR-T2000 box that it seems to be somehow picking up.

My Plusnet broadband is Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Regards: Elliott.

4 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: BTV-437 Error code from Humax DTR-T2000 Youview box

there there are 20 channels as standard (see https://www.plus.net/tv/) but you'll need to buy the PN box.

PN don't support using your own box. it should work though.
Will Moderate For Thanks
GrottoTree
Grafter

Ok thanks. If I am correct in understanding, my DTR-T2000 may work with Plusnets Youview service, although it's not officially supported and to get Plusnets YouView service I would need to buy the Plusnet YouView box as part of the service as Plusnet don't sell the YouView service without their YouView box.

I guess I will just hide the unavailable channels for now. Do you know if anyone has got the DTR-T2000 working with plusnet's YouView service in an unofficial and unsupported way like you say may be possible.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think you have to use the PN Youview box to receive the PN paid for channels
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
GrottoTree
Grafter

But has anyone tried swapping their Plusnet YouView box over for a normal Humax YouView one and seeing what happens.

It seems really silly that my own box that I bought today lists the extra paid for channels as if I had a Plusnet branded YouView box & subscription!

From what I have read, It updates the firmware to the relevant firmware version based on your IP address and thus I guess it has updated to the plusent variant of the firmware.