cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sports on Sky. Sky go app doesn’t allow BT sports

chakras

BT sports on Sky. Sky go app doesn’t allow BT sports

Plusnet provide me with BT sports on my Sky box.

I have just attempted to watch BT sports via the Sky Go app and I get an upgrade subscription message.

Do all similar users suffer the same restriction.

I can watch all the other Sky channels correctly via Sky Go. It’s only the BT sports channels that don’t work.

BT sports via the TV Sky Q box is also fine.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Dan_the_Van
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: BT sports on Sky. Sky go app doesn’t allow BT sports

Hi @chakras 

Welcome to the forum community

From my experience the Sky Go app does not support BT Sports channels. I have had to subscribe to the BT Sports app for mobile devices.

An advantage of the BT Sports app over the Sky Go app is you can 'cast' to supported devices, also everything is in HD.

Hope this helps

Dan. 

chakras

Thanks for the reply Dan. 

Agreed, I used to subscribe to the BT sports App and cast it to TV when I had Broadband with BT. 

Advantage with BT Sports via sky/plusnet is cost and ability to record. Disadvantage is clearly the ability to watch BT sports on the go.

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,148

You can get the BT Sport App with us as well like you could with BT. To buy it and for more info, head on here https://www.plus.net/bt-sport/

This will allow you to watch BT Sport on the go and to record you can use your BT Sport over Sky. Although I appreciate it’ll mean paying more to do both. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team