cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport on sky

Coxy

BT sport on sky

Help!! I have ordered BT sport from plusnet to view over my old sky+ box (Samsung).
This has not been used for a while as been using freesat however now got fibre and want to enjoy some sport from what I was told was an easy process.
I have a new SKY viewing card and can get free to air channels however I am being told that the serial number on the screen for the box is not accepted for pairing with the viewing card and therefore no BT Sport- it should have a letter after it at the very least. After numerous hours on hold and being cut off I am frustrated.
Because I am using an old box (which is not connected to the phone line) do I A) need to connect to the phone and force a firmware update which may then change the serial number or B) get a newer box. (or C give up, sever all ties with plusnet (and become a hermit!?)
Anyone come across this before?
I am getting frustrated with the lack of help from Plusnet - it just seems that if the answer is not in front of them on the screen then there is no answer!!
Please help.
Coxy
4 REPLIES
anniesboy
Grafter

Re: BT sport on sky

I suspect but not 100% sure,you need to ring Sky, in order to pair the sky box to the new card.
Coxy

Thanks for this - has anyone experienced this before?Huh
JustJoe
Dabbler

You need to ring technical support for them to  pair the card. Same thing happened to me when I first got BT sport, I bought a 2nd hand Sky box and a new card was sent out, PlusNet handled the  pairing when I called them.
They will ask for some details so bring up the settings menu before you call.
Coxy

Thanks for this. I have rung Plusnet on numerous occasions along with text and live chat to pair the card but everytime it is unsuccessful - they do not recognize the Samsung Sky + box's serial number.
Any ideas?