Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport on sky platform

FIXED
prussell
Fixes: 1

BT sport on sky platform

Im trying to set up BT sport 1-2 and Europe on a Sky box.

The Broadband is ADSL which im assured is ok

This was working ok when connected to BT.

What I need an answer to is should there be a network cable between the Sky box and the Hub there was not one with BT

13 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Re: BT sport on sky platform

BT Sport over sky shouldn't require any connection to your router as it would be provisioned using your Sky viewing card number.

I believe I've found your account, but it doesn't appear to have the BT Sport add-on added on to the account. Could you PM me your username just so I'm sure I'm checking the right account. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
prussell

prussell

Harry did you get my reply? 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I did, just been a little busy. Sorry.

I was mainly asking so I could chase it up on the account, however as it's regarding someone trying to get BT Sport over sky, through BT unfortunately there's not much I can do to help.

Assuming I've understood the pm correctly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
prussell

Harry not quite - they had BT Sport by BT but are now going to get it from Plusnet along with Broadband and phone

BB and phone has gone ok its just BT Sport thats not quite there

Hope that clears it up 

Pete

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah right, my mistake. Although the add-on hasn't been selected (Which is why I assumed they weren't taking it with us) now I've looked properly I see there is a ticket where someone has asked for BT Sport to be added after activation, but it hasn't been picked up yet.

Leave this with me and I'll give someone a nudge who can activate it.

EDIT: I've spoken to a colleague and they've tried to activate it, but unfortunately it looks like BT still have the service active, which is stopping us from activating it with us. I believe the ticket on the account has been responded to now anyway Wink

Let me know when BT have removed the service and I'll get it picked back up.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I've spoken to a colleague and they've tried to activate it, but unfortunately it looks like BT still have the service active, which is stopping us from activating it with us

@HarryB, I was sure I'd seen this problem before, and I had https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/BT-Sports-Nightmare/td-p/1218743/highlight/true

Has this finally been resolved then ?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

At this stage I don't believe it's the same as the thread you've mentioned.

I've not seen any like that for a while, so at the moment I can only assume that BT still have it on their systems.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
prussell

Hi  this is now sorted and all happy.

BT were playing silly [-Censored-]s and were told to grow up is the polite version instead of canceling on 23rd they down graded to lite.

Any way all now ok and that was done with record speed

prussell

Fix

Hi

BT were playing silly b*****s and were told to grow up is the polite version.

instead of canceling on 23rd they downgraded to lite. all now sorted and everyone happy and in record speed

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's sorted. Thanks for letting us know.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
TraceyStraker

Can you see my subscription for BT on my account? The account I've applied for BT sport through you guys through has previously had BT sport, Any issues likely to happen? My username is TraceyStraker, I also got a message saying I would be sent a new card but that account has previously had the service and is the sky card that came with the box.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll ask a colleague to have a look over that for you to check if it's still showing an active BT subcription (And activate our service for you if it's not)

If you provided your current sky viewing card number you shouldn't need a new card, however we do offer to provide a card to activate the service on if you don't have an active viewing card already. Apologies for any confusion caused if the notification said this would be sent, after providing your viewing card number.

EDIT: That's now been picked up and the order placed with our suppliers. I believe email/sms notifications should have also been sent through to you confirming this Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team