cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport app and BT Sport on Sky

Highlighted
Dabbler

BT sport app and BT Sport on Sky

Hi is it possible to have both a subscription to the sport app and via Sky? (£10 + £12.99)
I currently have an app subscription but the casting option has been stopped for English football so tried adding the Sky HD package as well. After I completed my order it said I need a new viewing card. Why is this as I already having an existing Sky viewing card and subscription?

I wonder if it is not possible to have both as my order has not been processed within the promised 48 hours.

Thanks

Mark
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: BT sport app and BT Sport on Sky

I have an android tablet running android 5.. That has a built in cast function by going to display settings and choose cast. You can then cast tablet screen to a Chromecast device.. You can then run the BT sport's app on TV..

That could help until they send you a Sky card.

Highlighted
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to cast from the app, but just not when watching the English Premier League. I presumed this was a new restriction imposed. I was able to cast the Turkish football without issue!

I don’t think plusnet are able to process new orders at the moment anyway due to staff shortages which is understandable in the current climate.

Hopefully things will improve in the next few months and I will look to add BT sport via sky in the future.
Highlighted
Rising Star

There are Sky Sport matches on Pick TV on Freeview. There is a match on Pick at 6.00pm tonight.

Highlighted
Rising Star

I have just done another test and found that when you first start the app there is cast button. Cast at that stage and then choose the live programme. Try it on the Arsenal game at 6.00pm

Highlighted
Dabbler

I appreciate you are trying to help. But I know how to cast. The issue is the app gives an error message hen trying to cast the premier league. I have a full sky sports subscription so have know issues there. I just wanted to add Bt sports via sky due to casting being removed for EPL GAMES ONLY but it isn’t easy or straight forward so I will probably stick to watching sky sports for now and wait for plusnet to improve their staffing levels to enable customers to order new products.
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,056

You can’t cast the enhanced player only the standard player in the sport app.
Are you definitely choosing that?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Dabbler

Please I realise you are trying to help, but I know how to cast from the BT sport app. Since the weekend I have been blocked from casting the EPL but I can cast all other events from the app. I have successfully watched the German football by casting. I can a watch via the app just not cast the EPL. I will just stick to watching SKY sports, Amazon and BBC for EPL and cancel my subscription until plusnet can get back up and running once life returns to normal. Plusnet are obviously struggling to cope during the pandemic so it’s no big deal if I miss a few matches on BT Sport.