cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT TV app

Hooked

BT TV app

Hi, I received an email today telling me that the youview app will no longer work after 31st March and all I have to do is download the BT TV app, login and follow the instructions in the app.  I've tried that but it does not let me log in to the spp, I keep getting the error: 

We cant log you in, Please check your details and try again.  If that doesnt work okease click here for more help. (GJ931)

It talks about my BT ID, I can log into MYBT and it shows me my BT Sport channel subscription via Plusnet, but it says Check your BT TV account is linked to your BT ID.  How do I do that?  Does anyone know?  It asks me for my BT account number, but ofcourse I do not have one, only Plusnet which it didnt seem to like, unless I used the wrong one.  The one I used wasnt in the same format as it was asking for e.g. GB12345678

Any help would be appreciated.

Darren

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: BT TV app

I also had an email and it said, The new BT TV App is available now and is a great way to manage your service remotely. This will replace the YouView App which will no longer be in service from 31st March 2020.

I downloaded the app and opened it . I also could not login using Plusnet details.

Can anyone shed some light on this

Highlighted
Dabbler

Communication on this has been appalling IMHO. You don't need to log in, it appears that you need to:

Open the BT app > Select the  'Hamburger' (Top left, above 'Home) > Select: 'Settings' > Select: 'TV Box' and follow the app's instructions.to pair the box with the app.

You can then partly use Live TV & My TV and your old recordings/schedule info appears to be transferred across although it may take a short while for that to happen, however you'll find a number of the PlusNet Youview channels are missing from the lists. 

You can also see other channels which will prompt for a BT login if you try them which makes it all a bit hit or miss.

Highlighted

I agree communication on this has been awful

Im trying this whenever I do this I just directed to the Log In page that I cant do as I don't have BT name

Very frustrating

Don't worry being an idiot, got it now

Cheers
Highlighted

I got the same email but where do you find the BT app to be downloaded. 

Highlighted

Ok ignore me, having a blonde moment 😖
Highlighted

Got mine from the play app store
Highlighted
Hooked

Hi, thanks for your reply, I don't have anything in the page when I press the hamburger the screen is totally grey/black, although I paired the TV from the TV box, will that work?

Do you know if we will be able to login or have anymore functionality of the app? Or seems daft to give it to us but with very limited use/functions.
Highlighted
Dabbler

Hi. I completely agree with you, communication on this has been terrible.

I'm only a user just like you, so, which screen goes totally grey/black? Your mobile/tablet screen or the TV screen?

Highlighted
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

I have tha same problem. Where is the App it does not appear on my TV under Apps. Help someone. Plusnet tech?

Highlighted

The app is for your smartphone or tablet not your TV - download it from the Play or Apple stores.

It's frankly a bit rubbish. It doesn't have the Plusnet entertainment package, so you can't schedule recordings from that pack remotely. It has loads of BT-specific content, where you don't know it's BT-only until you click and it refuses to let you access it as you don't have a BT login.

This has clearly had zero testing for Plusnet users before being imposed upon us - or are they hoping we'll all be wowed by the BT-only content and migrate to BT Internet?

Highlighted
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Thanks Durnock. Probably a BT ploy to undermine their subsidiary company Plusnet to stop people switching.

Highlighted
Hooked

Just the screen in my mobile, when I press the 3 lines (hamburger), I got the impression it was meant to show something? I tried to add a screenshot but I couldn't. I've paired it, I just sent some shows to record, so let's see if they go to the box.
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 135

Apologies if the communication wasn't clear, I'll make sure the feedback is relayed to the relevant team.
Worth folk having a read through the thread here - https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/YouView-app-removal-Remote-Record/td-p/1705856/jump-to/first-unread...
We've noted the absence of some of the subscription channels in the EPG and we're looking into it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵