cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports - wrong card AGAIN - and another MotoGP missed

mkpike
Dabbler

BT Sports - wrong card AGAIN - and another MotoGP missed

My SkyBox is telling me yet again I have the wrong card.
This keeps happening over and over.
Somehow my machine ID gets changed , Plusnet resend the correct one and all is well.
Usually AFTER the event I wanted to watch of course - and I am paying for this privilege!
Why did I buy a year's phone rental?  Without that I'd be gone!
7 REPLIES
mkpike
Dabbler

Re: BT Sports - wrong card AGAIN - and another MotoGP missed

Last time my 'wrong viewing card' fault arose , I reported it here and it was picked up and sorted - a fast track ?
I was also offered compensation for the rubbish service I was getting.
This time zilch!
I phoned them on Tuesday night in the middle of the night to stand a chance of a quick response after going round in circles looking for the email reporting.
Phone said 15 minutes wait at  1.30am   , but happily James answered immediately.
Plusnet report happy customers because so many of us don't have the patience to phone or look for that pesky email link which always ends up at good old Jess.
I was sent the following this morning - they presumably sent it to my Members Area at the time - but not to my email
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
<-Snip-> - CSC Analyst
1:45am, Wednesday 3 Jun 2015
[internal] Mr P  called to advise that the same issue as mentioned in ticket 97110677 (and other previous tickets as happened several times) has recurred, resulting in a "wrong viewing card" message on BT Sport channels. Please investigate and correct.

Kind regards,

+
<-Snip-> - CSC Analyst
5:22pm, Wednesday 3 Jun 2015
Dear Mr P ,
Thank you for your patience.
I have now paired your Sky box with your viewing card so you should be able to start viewing the BT sport channel! If you still cannot watch these channels then please reply to this message so we can take a further look into this for you.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,

+
[Email notification sent to:me @ ***.plus.com]
Your Response
11:36am, Saturday 6 Jun 2015
Sorry to report it is still saying I have the wrong viewing card - please cancel my BT Sport subscription because this is ridiculous.
+++++++++++++++++++
So James comes out of this well - but Rebecca not only did not fix it but failed to notify me by email or phone . Not good.
After months of barely unuseable broadband at a fraction of a Mb, OpenReach finally found cable rub on a tree which was killing my speed and connected me to another pair of wires so it now works at around 2.5Mb.
2.5Mb is just about ok but I am paying £10 a month for that whilst PlusNet are offering FREE UNLIMITED BROADBAND to every Tom Dick and Harry! They are probably getting a much faster upload speed than me and I am subsidising them? I am not a happy bunny ..... customer loyalty seems to be a thing of the past.
Just noticed <-Snip-> works at PlusNet :O)
dick:csa
mkpike
Dabbler

Apologies to Rebecca - she did send an email on the 3rd - never saw it because my mail was sorted so it was tucked away rather than at the top.
Junk email is a pain because I don't bother reading them and new mails are not so obvious. MBNA are terrible for it.
I have heard nothing from Plusnet ..... so the apology is a little luke warm .... still no BT sports and no confirmation they have cancelled it.
mkpike
Dabbler

Pathetic PLUSNET ...... no service whatsoever ..... last 3 messages shown from Members area ignored!
Last one just sent to be fair.
==========================================

Your Response
11:36am, Saturday 6 Jun 2015
Sorry to report it is still saying I have the wrong viewing card - please cancel my BT Sport subscription because this is ridiculous.
Your Response
9:04am, Wednesday 10 Jun 2015
What are you doing people?
I have asked you to cancel my subscription and I have just received notification you re going to charge me the full price soon!
Your customer service is non-existent on top of failing me badly on what I am paying for.
Are you doing anything ?
Your Response
8:36am, Tuesday 16 Jun 2015
This is appalling - I missed this week's MotoGP too - I am thinking of taking legal advice on this.
I am paying for BT Sports and it has been unavailable since 31/05/2015 or even earlier because I only tune in for MotoGp and would not have seen it disappear.
I am so fed up with PlusNet! Bandits!
Have you cancelled BT Sports because I still get WRONG CARD from my Sky box and I don't know what is going on.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi there,
I'm at a loss as to why this keeps happening, I am very sorry about that.
Can you just confirm whether you'd like to us try and fix the issue again or remove and cancel BT Sport from your account?
I'm happy to sort out refunds when we know which way to go with this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mkpike
Dabbler

Thanks for the response Chris.
I raised a new question (through complaints) yesterday and happily Jordan has reset the pairing successfully.
He offered to remove this month's charges for BT Sports but suggested I contact Sky to resolve the issue.
He suspects a software glitch screws the pairing of the box serial number and their records, and a download to my box might be needed.
Sky uploaded new menus a few month ago - which maybe caused the last failure - so I could have the latest software.
I think I called BT and Sky when this fault first arose and both pointed me to Plusnet because I did not have a direct account with either of them.
BTW , the serial number on the box is nnnnnn6632 1      i.e. a space before the 1.
I have always wondered if it should be the space, a zero, null  or 'should not exist' ?
Anyway, thanks again, I am happy for the time-being.
best wishes,
Mike

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi Mike,
Thanks for getting back to me. I asked Jordan to take a look as he knows a lot more about BT Sport than I do, so I really do hope that you have no more issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mkpike
Dabbler

Whoopee another MotoGP , at Assen = great!
All working and it was an exciting start but , during an extremely competitive lap 2, Sky kindly uploaded an update which cut me off!!!!!!!!!
BT Sports 2 has been switched from Channel 414 to 417 with  additional Eurosport channels appearing /working / becoming available across the web.
It's all in the timing - I must have done something terrible in a previous life.