Did you mean: 

BT Sports app -streaming

FIXED
Highlighted
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

BT Sports app -streaming

Recently I've had an issue with buffering when streaming BT sports app via Chromecast. Literally buffers for a second or two then resumes for a minute or so.

Thought it was my connection but Youtube and stuff via Googlecast/Chrome don't buffer and Sky Go runs perfectly on my various tablets.

Anyone else experiencing issues with BT Sport streaming?Huh

6 REPLIES 6
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 95

Re: BT Sports app -streaming

Hi @davidj66,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with BT Sport over Chromecast. Do you find that BT Sport also buffers when watching directly on a mobile or tablet or through the web player at https://sport.bt.com/ ?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Hmm...........tried via browser this morning on PC -no buffering. Also last night via phone and tablet.

But still getting short buffering spells via Chromecast stream! Only started happening recently after the latest update to Sports app. I'm wondering if my (old) Chromecast can't cope with the data flow from the new app?

I'm setting up app on an Android TV box connected direct to TV - IF that doesn't buffer then looks like its a Chromecast issue -may have to buy a Chromecast Ultra!!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Hey @davidj66,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It does seem strange that it's started having issues, can you let us know how you get on with the app you set up on your android box?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

DaveyH
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

@davidj66 wrote:

I'm setting up app on an Android TV box connected direct to TV - IF that doesn't buffer then looks like its a Chromecast issue -may have to buy a Chromecast Ultra!!

The other option is to use an Ethernet adapter. Google sells an official one (comes as standard with the CC Ultra)

https://store.google.com/product/ethernet_adapter_for_chromecast

Or there's third party alternatives available, such as

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Ethernet-Adaptor-Chromecast-Network/dp/B01N1X28F1

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Looks like BT Sports app upgrades have changed things - Android TV box used to stream in HD - Its now telling me that HD is not supported on Android 4.4 -streams fine but in lower quality without any buffering.

Nice suggestion re ethernet adaptors - but my router is ~ 25ft from the TV, so I'd have to use powerline networking plus the adaptor to use an old Chromecast - not sure that would be cost effective!

I'll do some more trials to see whether I can lick it without too much expense!

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Fix

For completeness - I did a full factory reset on the Chromecast yesterday. Don't know if it coincidence but I've streamed sports last night and this afternoon without any buffering.:cheesy: