Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports app on Amazon Fire tablet

FIXED
davidj66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Sports app on Amazon Fire tablet

Bit of a side topic but......I'm thinking of subscribing to BT Sports app, I THINK I can sideload on Amazon Fire tablet then cast - has anyone got the app running on a Fire tabletHuh

4 REPLIES
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Sports app on Amazon Fire tablet

Fix

Yes.

I have it running on my Fire HD8 (7th Generation). Loads of instructions on the net but for me these are the easiest to follow:

XDA Forum Fire OS Instructions

Don't worry about the apk's being from 2016, once installed they update to the latest version.

The added benefit of this method is you now have the full Google Play Store available on your Fire, so you can add lots of other apps (or versions of apps), if required. For example, I have installed the proper version of YouTube instead of the horrible Amazon version.

Just remember, if it stops working it isn't officially supported by Amazon, Google or BT/Plusnet. Have fun!

BT Sport 1BT Sport 1

davidj66
Rising Star

@ stereohaven -Thanks for that; I've actually experimented with a granddaughter's 7" Fire and successfully installed Google Playstore - but I was loathe to buy my own Fire and subscribe in case BT Sports app was one of those that didn't work!!

Ive ordered an HD8 last night - with vouchers I had ,only £29.99 so worth a go!!

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

With the Black Friday deals the Fire range are an absolute bargain at the moment. Sure they are not an iPad but they are pretty robust and more than powerful enough for most people. With the Google Play Store added, they become far superior to the stock Amazon version.

I might ask Father Christmas for the 10.1" version! Grin 

My next task is to try and get the Android TV version working on a Fire TV stick I have just had delivered.

Enjoy!

davidj66
Rising Star

Just to complete this thread, I've got BT Sports app up and running on my new Fire HD8 -Also successfully casting to large TV via Chromecast.

Not the easiest process setting up Google Playstore on the Fire -had to use out of date apks as latest wouldn't install but once done, BT Sport set up was straightforward and I was watching within 24 hours of signing up via PN offer!