Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport via Sky - upgrading to Sky Q

FIXED
Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Sport via Sky - upgrading to Sky Q

I currently have BT Sport from Plusnet via a Sky HD box. I'm due to have Sky Q installed on 28th November and I'm wondering what I need to do in order to continue watching BT Sport.

Annie
11 REPLIES
basketweb

Re: BT Sport via Sky - upgrading to Sky Q

I have the same question should anyone be able to advise

Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I think you might find this thread on the sky help forum useful http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/BT-Sport-and-Sky-Q/td-p/2414464

basketweb

Thanks but can't see the answer to the question ref viewing card with BT Sport from current box to skyq box can the engineer update that card with new sky subscription keeping BT Sport?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

My take form the thead on the sky forum is yes, the existing card with BT sport can be updated to be used in the Sky Q box. However, by default BT sport is ONLY viewable on the main Sky Q box and NOT on any additional mini boxes. If you currently have a multiroom BT sport subscription ( I don't think PlusNet ever offered that but BT did ) then it seems to depend on the third party supplier i.e PlsuNet as to how ( or even IF ) you can view the additional multiroom BT sport.

That's only my personal understanding though, you really need a PlusNet person to comment...

Annie
Rising Star

I have a feeling that we have to have a new viewing card from Sky and the old HD box ceases to work. I need Plusnet to tell me whether I can still get BT Sports through them and what the procedure is.

I thought by posting in the forum I'd get a speedier answer as I thought others would have been through this before and be able to tell me what they did.

If Plusnet don't respond or other members aren't able to advise then I'll leave a ticket.

Annie
basketweb

It does seem difficult to get a clear answer on this, I think the installing engineer would be able to combine both services on one card but that's only my thoughts,only sky could answer that I suppose,it would be good to get this made clear as I'm sure others will have the same question. Maybe your ticket if raised will help clarify what might be a simple procedure (hopefully).

Annie
Rising Star

I connected via Plusnet Chat - after a 20 minute wait, having tried yesterday too, I spoke to an advisor but I didn't really feel she quite understood what I was saying.

She kept referring me back to Sky so I said that I think I'll be receiving a new viewing card. The reply was 'If you have a new viewing card you will need to contact us so that we can update the information and we will provide the services to you again.'

I went on to ask whether I'd be able to watch BT Sport on the Sky Q mini box and she replied 'We supply the services to the card you would need to speak with sky. There should be no reason why you can not get it still.'

Annie
Annie
Rising Star

I've been in touch with Sky. At first they said I had to go to BT so I reiterated that I had BT Sports with Plusnet. They then said that I should be able to continue to get it as it's just the viewing card information that they need to have.

It would be good if someone from Plusnet who knows about this could comment.

Annie
basketweb

I think you've done the right thing contacting sky and it does seem a little clearer hopefully come your skyq installation you can maybe advise the rest of us via the forum you might even get a job with Plusnet lol!
Annie
Rising Star

Fix

@basketweb, I added my question to an old thread in the software/hardware forum at https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/BT-Sport-and-Sky-Q/td-p/1296519

Got the answers i was lookiing for.

Annie
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm glad to see it was answered in the other thread by someone who had previously gone through this process.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team