cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport problem

mstgaffer

BT Sport problem

I have paid for BT Sport HD on the Sky platform and have been happy with the service for several months. But on Sat 25 and Sun 26 July I tried to watch the Arsenal games in the afternoons without success. On one day the programme was continually interrupted by breaks in sound and picture and by "No signal" notices, so much so that it was impossible to watch the match; on the other day there was no picture or sound at all, on HD or SD, This only applied to the BT channels - all other Sky channels were fine. I have now learnt that my son, not a Plusnet customer, was able to watch the matches at those timeS without any problems. The service returned to near normal later in the evening. What could have been the reason for this lack of service (occasionally seen on other afternoons to a slightly lesser extent) and what can I do to prevent it happening in the future?
4 REPLIES
FayteJWJ

Re: BT Sport problem

Good morning mstgaffer
BT Sport is not carried over the same frequency as the Sky channels. It is possible that there could have been problems in the frequency within the area and that temporarily affected signal. The fact that your son doesn't have PlusNet is not a symptom as PlusNet doesn't manage how the channel gets to your Sky box. If you continue to have problems I would recommend contacting Sky. They should be able to run diagnostics in order to solve or at least mitigate the problem.
Regards,
Jamie.
C1Rider
Grafter

barney15,  Hello  !!  Smiley
If you haven't already, check you postcode in your telly as that determines what programs you receive..
Cheers..
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

barney15 - See my answer in your other thread
Suggest that further discussion happens there and we leave this old thread alone... Wink
Fixes: 46

Moderator's Note
barney15's post moved to his own thread and surplus posts removed.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation