cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport on youview

Jinx13
Dabbler

BT Sport on youview

Hello, can I ask is anyone else having issues requesting the BT Sport on youview service?

I had the app for 6 months which was a pain and wait to get setup. When the service expired in February I have been trying to get the BT Sport youview service added to my account only to be told there is an internal issue with some accounts!

I am on the verge of buying myself out of my contract (which ends in September) and taking my business elsewhere and making an official complaint but before that thought I would reach out and ask anyone else had been having problems.

I have been with PN for years now and the customer service on this matter has been shocking when they have known about this problem for over 6 months now.

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Fixes: 628

Re: BT Sport on youview

Personally I had no issues getting it set up, but that doesn't help you Sad
There are some other threads on here with people having channels set up on their youview boxes.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Hi @Jinx13, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of your Youview issues.

On checking the account, we can see that although the services appeared active, it wasn't actually active on our back end systems. We've had this activated and a quick reboot of your box should enable the channels.

Please let us know how it goes, as if resolved we'll arrange for your downtime to be deducted from the next bill.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Jinx13
Dabbler

I wasn't holding much hope when I received your reply but figured what do I have to lose and hey!

Still does not work? I have an active ticket that hasn't been replied to since the 6th March!

The last time I had any sort of BT Sport was the 8th March as I had an email asking me to setup again and then the 9th March I lost access and got this..

Service Notification
12:55am, Saturday 9 Mar 2019
BT Sports App has been ceased. This was setup indirectly via another component - YouView+ with Entertainment Pack

This original enquiry has been going on since the 14th Feb on the 6th March I was told..

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that the reason we have requested for you to complete these internal checks is due to the fact we were unable to locate an issue with the BT Sport/Youview service from our side.

Please could you confirm if the issue still persists once you have completed the steps on the previous email.

And the last contact after resetting my box knowing full well that it wouldn't have rectified the situation only made things worse!

I have checked your account, and it does appear to have been affected by a known issue relating to some specific IP ranges. This is a problem on BT's side, and we are liaising with them to get this resolved.

We will be in touch when it's resolved.

Can you see why I am a bit annoyed at the situation?Huh

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 730

Sorry to hear this.

It looks like the BT Sport channel hasn't fully activated on your account as you'd normally receive an automated email once this has been done. There are queued actions on your account which would likely be in relation to this.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to speed up the resolution of this. 

I can see our TV Faults Team are monitoring this and we'll let you know once the queued actions have been cleared.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Jinx13
Dabbler

So how do you explain that the app access keeps getting revoked?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @Jinx13

I've had a chat with a colleague in our products team and he has advised that whilst the billing issue exists on your account, you will not be able to add any additional packages to your account - this includes BT Sport via Youview. Unfortunately, the BT Sport app cannot be added to your account manually if you have a YouView box - it is added as part of the BT Sport package and will fail if we (or you) attempt to add it independently.

I'm really sorry that this isn't great news - as soon as the billing issue is resolved, we'll obviously be able to get this in place for you as required. Unfortunately, as things stand, we have no facility to add the BT Sport package or the app to your account.

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
Jinx13
Dabbler

Don't for a second put this on me and say this is a billing issue, I pay all my bills on time! How come you offer the bt sport app as standalone then as what I had ordered before?
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 730

Sorry that you feel this way.

I don't think my colleague was pointing any blame at you, but simply advising that there is an issue regarding the billing of your account where there are actions queued up on the back-end systems which our engineers are working on clearing. As soon as that happens I'd suspect your service will start working normally.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Jinx13
Dabbler

I really appreciate your reply and explanation however if someone had told me that from the start?

We have gone from a ip issue with bt
To it being my fault and resetting my box
To it being an ip issue with bt again
Then a backend billing issue!

Can you see why I'm upset?
How many years have I been with you with hardly so much as a phone call 5? 6 years?

And yet I'm going to be fobbed off again and still no further on.

I'm now wasting my time and yours just needed to vent my frustration!