Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport on YouView box works, BT Sport HD doesn't

FIXED
DanUK
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

BT Sport on YouView box works, BT Sport HD doesn't

I've had a Plusnet YouView box with BT Sport for about a year and it's worked fine.  This month I finally replaced my 14yr old LCD TV with an HD one, and upgraded to the HD channels with YouView.  

I could see BT Sport HD the first time I tried it, but last night it just wasn't having it.  I restarted the YouView box but it made no difference - photos attached of what BT Sport 1 looked like (fine) and what BT Sport 1HD looked like (some kind of modern art interpretation).  The sound was perfect, the internet connection fine (BBC iPlayer works fine, BT Sport 1 non-HD worked fine), and it's hardwired all the way from the router to the YouView box.

I didn't change anything - I barely even turned the TV on between both football matches and certainly didn't move anything.  It can't be my subscription: I upgraded to the £3pm addon last week and it worked within 24hrs as promised, but this is a week later.  Is this something that happens often?  I don't even know what to call it, so can't search for it!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

1 REPLY 1
DanUK
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Sport on YouView box works, BT Sport HD doesn't

Fix

So I had all the Premiership football on series link record on BT Sport 1, and when BT Sport 2HD was showing the FA Cup match, it worked.

When I tuned in early before the next Premiership game on BT Sport 1HD it was playing fine with the tennis that preceded the football, but wouldn't show the football without appearing as the screenshot.  Once the BT Sport 1 recording automatically started, the BT Sport 1HD channel appeared drunk.

Last night, next Premiership game - same thing.  I cancelled the series link of the non-HD recording, and BT Sport 1HD started playing perfectly.  So I can't watch BT Sport 1HD and record BT Sport 1 at the same time.  Not that I'd want to, I was doing so inadvertently with the old series link left recording, but at least now I know.