cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport on Sky Q

Firepig
Dabbler

BT Sport on Sky Q

I think i may have found the answer to this on the website but wanted confirmation: do the Plusnet BT Sport packages not work with the Sky Q system mini boxes, because there is no option to add multiroom through Plusnet?

Before i upgraded to Sky Q I had BT Sport for a while though Plusnet, and i had to nominate one Sky box to receive it. But now the Sky Q boxes around the house don't have their own viewing cards, and if you buy through BT you have to take their multiroom option to use the mini boxes. The box with the viewing card may not be the main TV and may not be where you want to watch it (in my case, the Ashes in the middle of the night, in bed!).

Looks like I may have to subscribe at full price though BT in order to get the cricket.

1 REPLY
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Sport on Sky Q

The last I heard was that BT Sport is linked to one viewing card only, so the master Sky Q box.

You can add it to a Sky Q mini box as well but need a BT Sport "Second Box Subscription" at £5 (now £6) per additional box. Plusnet don't offer this currently as far as I am aware. 

Ironically, if you kept Sky+ HD and had two boxes (traditional multiroom), then there was no extra charge if you had BT Sport HD via Sky for the second box.

You will find more information by clicking here.