cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport on Plusnet TV ?

shaymanjohn

BT Sport on Plusnet TV ?

Can't see any mention of BT Sport using the YouView box, just the existing stuff about using your Sky box.
One reason to invest in the new service would be to ditch the Sky box and the hefty charges that go along with it.
Have I missed it somewhere? Seems an odd omission if so...
Thanks
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: BT Sport on Plusnet TV ?

No mention of it yet - but it has to be coming...
kayem

BT Sport is definitely not part of the current PlusNet TV package. I was told that it was going to come later BUT was not told when! But the irony is PlusNet can provide BT Sport via Sky TV box but not via PlusNet box.
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

@kayem - Sorry to hear of the misadvice, BT Sport isn't available with Plusnet TV at the moment.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Word_Warrior
Grafter

At the moment I can see no good reason to invest in PNTV (Regardless of whatever pricing they conjure up) when the service has fewer channels than BT Vision+.
It's staggering to see that PN has had TV Trials for some time yet come up with a pretty standard You View product which you can probably buy over the counter from Curry's.
BT Vision+ Doesn't yet fully work for me either as it doesn't carry all the channels I want but plenty of ones I don't want.
Talk Talk offers more at a reasonable price but their reputation in the past worries me.
I really want to drop my Sky subscription due to their excessive cost, Virgin media isn't available here so sadly I have to stick with PN phone+BB and Sky for TV  Cry
Disappointed in Plusnet doesn't come near.
garyw
Grafter

Agree with word warrior. After waiting such a long time to hear some news I was super excited when I saw that Plusnet had finally launched their YouView offering. That quickly turned to disappointment when I saw that there was no BT Sports or Sky Sports on offer. They were the only channels I was interested in. The lack of BT Sport in particular is a real bummer. As it is the Plusnet YouView offering feels like a real damp squib. I already have a retail YouView box and I'm not interested in any of the other additional channels - there is only one or two that I would want and I already get them on my NowTV box. So this really offers me nothing that I can't already get and very little more than that which is on offer if you bought a retail YouView box on the high street or second hand off ebay. It's certainly not worth being tied to another 24 month contract. Pfft. After all that. What a disappointment.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Just discovered that TalkTalk doesn't have BT Sport or ESPN so that is no longer an option. Just did a rough calculation to move my BB+Phone to Sky which isn't cheap and I'd have to add BT Sport at full price rather than the discounted one by PN so that's out of the question.
BT Vision+/YouView+ Would be fantastic but of course Sky won't play ball with all the sport channels and you don't get 1&2 in HD. With High speed FTTC there is no reason you can't stream Every single channel (it's the future) No Satellite, No Terrestrial transmitters.... Oh wait, don't Virgin do something like that? Shame their pipe only reaches the other side of town and is empty and abandoned since Telewest went bump.
Maybe PN missed a trick in this age of hi speed internet not to provide cutting edge online TV but BT probably prevented that.  Undecided
I look forward to further additions to PNTV and maybe I'll review my decision sometime soon.
C1Rider
Grafter

Wait quietly !!  BTSport, both " normal " and HD channels appeared on my list of channels available via PlusnetTV but they, and all other PlusNet TV channels have disappeared from my channel list today.  Cry
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Just an FYI: I'll make sure I announce it if it becomes available. Don't rely on the list of channels for an update.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Totally agree with word warrior Plusnet have had tv on trial for nearly 2 years in that time I would have thought that packages would have been sorted as Bt and talktalk have better packages , I cant even think about Plusnet tv at this moment with the small amount of viewing material 
tyoung4665

would be great if could have bt sport and sky sports on new youview box happy with current channels you provide but additon of sport would complete a good service
st1967
Grafter

Very interesting this.  I'm stuck with my Plusnet Pre-paid line rental until August, but have been contemplating ordering BT Broadband (via quidco) because the cashback more than made up for the line rental I would lose.  However it just feels too much at £39 a month for effectively the same channels that Plusnet TV are offering but with BT Sport and the premium option of $ky sports 1&2 if I wanted.    Plusnet TV with my Fibre would come to £27.99 ?  I'd only consider taking it though if and when BT Sports becomes available.  Plus at the moment the BT TV deal comes with a £125 pre paid visa and free activation?  Even if BT Sport is say a £5.99 extra (same price as the current offering via satellite platform) thats you up to £33.98, and the £265 cash back from BT Broadband at the moment will cover that difference for quite a while.
Decisions decisions, will probably wait until August anyway to see what is available, but need BT Sport in some form before the new footy season.
Pbryanw

@st1967 - I'm in the same position. Very tempted by BT's offering including Quidco and the promotion of the day. However, I don't want to go through the upheaval of moving to a different provider, plus moving to one that has, from the sounds of it, inferior support & telephone help.
If Plusnet offered BT Sport on its new TV platform for the same price as its currently on the satellite platform, that would be great (as you note). If they could do this before the next football season, that would be even better. I hope they will be able to, considering their closeness to BT and the fact this would hopefully attract a few new customers, like me, to Plusnet TV.
st1967
Grafter

@Pbryanw, nice to see somebody with the same dilemma as me.   I'm not dead against moving to BT but I do like the simplicity of Plusnet and their CS.   Plus I simply do not want a Home Hub 5,  I use a Draytek 2830n router for my fibre and it's simply brilliant.   It supports multicast so I am assuming it will work with BT or Plusnet TV.   Will definitely wait until August now when my line rental runs out and hopefully all the teething problems are sorted and BT Sport is available.
watmough

Must admit BT Sport was the ONLY reason I was interested in PlusNet TV, will  now stick to my current Freesat  Roll eyes