cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport - do you get via the App if you buy Sky add on?

Zarch

BT Sport - do you get via the App if you buy Sky add on?

I'm thinking of moving my broadband from BT to Plusnet and just weighing up my options.

If I join plusnet broadband and add BT Sport to my Sky Box at £12.49 (for HD), do I automatically get access via the BT App for free?  or would I have to pay an extra £5 on top?

The only thing I use my BT YouView box for is BT Sport and really, I mainly end up watching the games on the iPad via the app.  But if I could get via Sky and the App i'd love that flexibility.

If I just wanted BT Sport via the App on top of my broadband, would that just be £5?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES
bmc
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: BT Sport - do you get via the App if you buy Sky add on?

I have the BT Sport app at £5 a month and use a Chromecast dongle to stream to my TV - works well.

Brian

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 6

You won't get access to the BT Sport app as part of you're subscription via the Sky platform.

Your options are here,
https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

So you either need to subscribe to BT Sport via Plusnet TV/Youview or take the standalone sub for the app.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 184

Hello there and welcome to the community forums.

If I join plusnet broadband and add BT Sport to my Sky Box at £12.49 (for HD), do I automatically get access via the BT App for free?  or would I have to pay an extra £5 on top?

It's a separate service so it'd be an extra £5 per month on top I'm afraid.

I know it probably doesn't help but the BT Sport App is inclusive if you go for our YouView service.

If I just wanted BT Sport via the App on top of my broadband, would that just be £5?

Aye.

More info can be found over here: https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

I hope this helps but let us know if you have any questions etc.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Zarch

Thanks all,

I tried Chromecast last night.  It seems better than it used to be, quality wise, but wasn't 'perfect' and not comparable to a proper HD feed from a YouView or Sky box.  When the camera panned quickly seemed to highlight the worst of it.

But as I rarely get to watch on the TV (thanks kids!!), this might be the best (cheapest) option for occasional use.

Going (plusnet youview £5 + sport £5 + HD £3) - and having second set-top box 

or (Sky HD - £12.50) seem like expensive options for that on top of £5 for the app.

bmc
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Zarch

I've never has Sky so can't comment on HD quality.

I agree casting the BT Sport app to the TV may not produce the greatest of pictures but I'm more than happy with what I see. For £5 a month as opposed to the £12.50 it would take to get PlusNet TV HD I have no complaints - quite apart from the fact I can't get PlusNet TV!!!

I'm currently on an up to 8 ADSL connection though later today I should be on an up to 38 FTTP service (install is half way through!!!). Because the FTTP service is a trial it's not integrated with PlusNet back office systems so the TV service isn't available.

Brian