I have signed up for the BT sport app but it shows £5 per month in my add ons

Why?Huh

When does the £2.5 per month kick in?

12 REPLIES
Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 33

Re: BT Sport app rip off??

You'll see the discount applied in your next bill.
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Am not sure this is what the text says in the question

Monthly payments
================

You'll pay the following for your services each month:

* Date added: 23rd September 2017
* Subscription: £5.00 per month
* Sub-total: £5.00 per month

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

I have checked the offer email again and it says

Available to existing Plusnet residential broadband customers who sign- up through the offer landing page.

I think I may have stupidly gone to the BT sport page on plusnet instead of clicking through

How do I fix this mess? Clearly this was an erroneous order and after 30 minutes waiting for chat phone nothing is coming up from customer services

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Problem solved call customer service and get to cancel it right away then apply again using the email...

Am still not clear what happens if you cancel at month 3 or at month 9?Huh

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

@Interceptor121 Glad you got sorted and I hope you've managed to sign up to the pre-reg offer. To note the first month is charged at pro-rata of the full price with the £2.50 per month kicking in the next bill and running for 12 months.

Can you clarify what you mean in terms of what happens in month 3 or 9?  Maybe I can find an answer to your question.

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Assume you cancel your subscription after 3 months what happens? I presume you get back charged as if it were £5 from the beginning.

The minimum term is one month. Likewise if you keep it 9 months the first 6 months savings of 2.5x6 should be backcharged

Am I clear?

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

Fix

@Interceptor121 The promotion price runs for the full duration as stated.  If you cancel within the promotion period you are not back charged.  If you cancel and then sign up again you sign up at the new price as advertised not the old promotional price you were previously receiving.  Hope that makes sense? 

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
arieh

Plusnet BT Sport app really is a rip-off.

Annual cost of App:-  6 x £1 = £6 plus 6 x £5 = £30   Total annual cost = £36

"Normal cost" : = £2.50 a month.  Total annual cost is 12 x £2.50 = £30

What would the Advertising Standards Authority say ?

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 33

The "Normal cost" is £5 per month...
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
arieh

This is the e-mail advert I received.  See the bit in Bold type.  Isn't this the "normal" price ?

"Outside it's cold and grey, but inside there's a first-class winter sporting season kicking off. There's the Premier League, the UEFA Champions League, UFC, the Ashes. Phew. Good thing BT Sport has it all in one place. So, wrap up warm, and get ready to cheer on your favourite teams from the comfort of the sofa.

Want to get the whole family involved? With the BT Sport App you can watch on your mobile, tablet, laptop* – or even cast straight to your TV. That means the best seat in the house, wherever you are.

It's usually £2.50 a month, but because you're already one of our lovely Plusnet Mobile and Broadband customers you could have it all for the ridiculously low price of £1.00 a month for 6 months (£5.00 a month thereafter). Think of it as a little thank you from us, for being on Team Plusnet."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Errrm how is that an offer? Someone in marketing clearly hasn’t thought this through. So I don’t know if a minimum contract length applies, but PlusNet no doubt being influenced by BT will love a year and a half one.
Say you took BT Sport out for a year as you liked it:
Offer: (1 x 6) + (5 x 6) = £36
Standard Price: 2.5 x 12 = £30
EDIT: See someone has already beaten me to it. 😛
Stoker
Grafter

Just to be clear here, the normal introductory deal is £2.50 a month for 6 months, then £5 thereafter.

This deal is £1 a month for 6 months, then £5 thereafter.