cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport app problem

Toastrack

BT Sport app problem

I use the BT Sport app on a Samsung TV, wired to the PN router.

Anything that needs a login just buffers. The login process goes OK, the feature loads, but within a few seconds it buffers ad infinitum.

I can view features that don't need a login, and I can view the live channels.

I just about decided to stick with the app despite the 100% price rise, but if this can't be resolved the app will be binned.

(This was raised as a query in Online Chat yesterday afternoon, but after an hour there was no response)

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,178

Re: BT Sport app problem

Thanks for getting in touch @Toastrack 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems using your BT Sport App.

Do you have any issues with your broadband connection overall and have you tried using the App on another device?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Toastrack

Hi Gandalf, no issues with broadband - internet, BBC iPlayer & Now TV all fine.

This problem has been apparent since the start of the season, I've been unable to view any of the Champions League Highlights shows as catchup features - as stated, login goes OK but then incessant buffering within a few seconds of the feature starting.

I've just accessed the App on this PC. The CL Matchday 5 feature, which requires a login, seems to view fine (I've only played the first few minutes).

Beyhive
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 43

Hi @Toastrack,

Have you made sure your Samsung TV software and BT Sport App software are updated to the latest versions?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Toastrack

The TV updates automatically, the last time just a few days ago.

I assumed that the Sport App also updated automatically - I've never seen anything on screen along the lines of "Update available".

Beyhive
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 43

You would normally be able to update any app on the TV from the settings page @Toastrack,

As an alternative, have you tried to cast the BT Sport channels from your mobile phone to the TV?

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Toastrack

Thanks for your suggestions, Beyhive.

I won't be casting from my phone when I should be able to view the app on the TV.

I've previously viewed the app on the TV via "Internet", I wasn't aware it was available more conveniently through Samsung apps. I'll try using it that way and keep my fingers crossed.