cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport app not logging in automatically

melpaul

BT Sport app not logging in automatically

until last friday app logged in automatically on router , on 2x i phones and a tablet ,now will only 

auto log on mobile data , but tried at friends house on their router and logged in no problem,

i,m thinking it must be a router issue , unless anyone knows different.

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 128

Re: BT Sport app not logging in automatically

Hi there, 

That's unusual, we're not aware of anything obvious related to our hardware that might cause that kind of issue. I take it the devices are connecting to WiFi straight away without any issues? I ask as the app might as you to log in if it's trying to authenticate before a connection is available. If you haven't done so already it would be worth removing and re-installing the app to see if that makes any difference. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steve2106

Hi Adam,

Think I'm having a similar type of issue to the original poster ...

My BT Sport App prior to the this weekend just gone was working fine on Iphone, Ipad, IMAC and through XBOX to TV (have had it working since August this year). On Saturday I couldn't get it to work on any of the listed devices and also tried changing my password in-case I'd got that wrong. I called support a couple of times but couldn't get through to the department handling BT Sport, so issue was just logged ...

Yesterday I managed to get it working on my Iphone, firstly via streaming over 4G without doing anything. Then after I managed to get it working over my PlusNet wifi connection by adjusting settings (Wifi-On & Off, HD to SD etc.). Next I tried the IPAD but no luck with that (bear in mind this is an old IPAD and IOS is 9.3 and can't be updated on the IPAD) - tried with this deleting the App and downloading it again. Then I tried the IMAC and it wouldn't work through that over my wifi, however, after switching On and Off a few times I managed to Log In and play stuff on the IMAC (2 out of 4).

Lastly, I've tried again on the XBOX, however, with no luck. It seems to think there isn't a Wifi connection despite being able to stream other stuff through it. I can't see anything in the Apps Settings to play around with on the Xbox and struggling to get it up and running through the Xbox which is the one I use it on most.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Steve

Tags (2)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 405

Thanks for getting in touch @steve2106

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your Xbox?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steve2106

Hi Matthew,
No not tried that on the XBox, yet - will give it a go this evening. I did try that on the IPad but no luck, hopefully it will be different with the XBox.

Cheers,
Steve
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 405

Upon further investigation, it appears there was an issue which should now be fixed this morning.

Let us know if you're still having issues

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steve2106

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your update earlier.

I can confirm that the BT Sport App is now working on my Xbox, didn't have to re-install the App.

Also have checked the IPAD and that is also playing BT Sport through the App.

All 4 devices now working.

Cheers,

Steve

Mads
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear it's working for you @steve2106.

Feel free to give us a shout if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team