cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport and Corona Virus

Highlighted

BT Sport and Corona Virus

Is it possible to pause my BT sport app subscription during the Corona virus outbreak - as in being offered by a rival sports channel 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: BT Sport and Corona Virus

Very good question. I'd read on Martin Lewis that companies weren't offering temporary freezes on billing due to the Coronavirus but hopefully this will change especially as so many face financial difficulties due to the outbreak. Many gyms, clubs, etc are offering payment freezes until things are back up and running. Plusnet needs to do the right thing in these challenging and difficult times.
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 142

Am I missing something here? The BT Sport app is on a rolling monthly contract. If you want to suspend it, cancel your subscription and re-subscribe when you next want it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Highlighted

Cancelling is proving very difficult. No online chat available and I gave up after waiting in excess of 30 minutes to speak to someone on every occasion I've called. The sensible thing would be to have a 'cancel' option within the account. I imagine many are trying to get through on the phone now. Hopefully I'll be issued a 'ticket' to cancel from this site.
Highlighted

After 2 failed attempts to get through on the phone I managed it at the 3rd time and have cancelled BT sport

Can I suggest you make it possible to do it online and take some pressure off your call centre

Highlighted

Here, here, I've also tried several times to make contact via call centre waiting over 45mins and getting the call dropped.

I appreciate you are very busy and maybe working with limited staff but this is not acceptable - PLEASE MAKE IT AVAILABLE ON-LINE  -  YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE as the world and his brother will want to cancel BT Sport at present.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 902

Could anybody who wants to cancel BT Sport follow the instructions in this post to raise a ticket? Drop us a post back with the ticket ID.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 142

Thanks @Gandalf, and thanks everybody else for the feedback. I'll aim to have a look at this next week and see if there's anything we can do to permit cancellation online. Agree that it makes sense in the current climate.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Highlighted
Rising Star

Message to plusnet

If you cannot provide the service people contracted too overall.

As the greater majority took bt sports for the football coverage and live events.

Why when a great many loyal plusnet customers cancel bt sports due to no live football or live events coverage which ok is due to the current situation

Why do plusnet still charge customers till next billing date which can be a month away.

Until plusnet can offer a complete bt sports coverage why not show your caring side and not insist on charging £10 if you cancel during this hard period for us all.

Please do not reply with excuses as there are none.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 902

We don’t though, when we remove a BT Sport App this is immediately and on your next bill you’ll see a pro-rata credit if this was cancelled during a billing month. I hope this helps. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team