cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport (SD & HD) Audio Stuttering

Wilsonline
Grafter

BT Sport (SD & HD) Audio Stuttering

Since the summer i've noticed that I get a huge amount of audio breakup and stuttering on the HD and standard definition BT Sport channels.  I thought initially it might be a bandwidth issue with the HD channels, but the SD channels are just as bad.  Sometimes I have solid audio for a few minutes, but it's more likely I have none or broken audio.

Anyone else have this issue? It's really annoying!

Broadband speed in general is pretty good.  Anywhere between 20 & 30Mbps.

12 REPLIES
Wilsonline
Grafter

Re: BT Sport (SD & HD) Audio Stuttering

After having a major issue with recording Taskmaster on Dave HD tonight (huge chunks of audio and video missing) despite broadband being stable I think it could be my Youview box at fault/over heating.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

Hi there,

Sorry you're having problems with the YouView service. Can you run through the troubleshooting guides here: https://www.plus.net/help/tv/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Wilsonline
Grafter

The service has been appearing to get progressively worse since my last post.

At the moment I have BT Sport 1 HD on and I'm getting image break up several times a minute and on average once or twice a minute drop out of audio and video to extent that the image goes completely black too for a few seconds.  When it comes back sometimes it's OK for a few seconds and sometimes it just continues to break up.

The same applies on the SD channels of BT Sport (not quite as bad but still becoming unwatchable) and many of the other non sport SD & HD channels, which I don't view anywhere near as much.  It's pretty infuriating now as it makes watching live rugby matches horrible.  I can however watch via the BT Sport app and Chromecast on my TV with no issues at all.

My connection has been at a good 20-22Mbps for sometime so that seems fine.

I've been using my Draytek 2860 with no issues, bar the TV service, but hooked up my Plusnet provided router and Openreach VDSL modem this morning to check that wasn't the issue.  No change, just as bad.

This morning I sacrificed all my X-Files recordings to do a full factory reset of the box. The reason I did this was that even my recordings on the Youview box, both from Freeview and internet channels were breaking up in a similar, although less frequent, manner.  These were HD & SD recordings.

Perhaps I have a box problem?

It is running all the latest software.

If it can't be resolved I'll have to hunt down a decent Freeview HD recorder instead and just get BT sport app access and Chromecast.

Wilsonline
Grafter

I'm pretty sure I have a box issue. It was set up to record Only Connect on BBC 2 HD today, which is shows a part recording of for (25 minutes).
Playback of it however is poor, stuttering, pausing, loss of audio within a matter of a minute. It causes the box to lock up a bit and become very unresponsive.

No issues playing the same episode via BBC iPlayer at all though, via the built in app.

How do I go about getting this box replaced?
Fixes: 222

If it's happening on non-IP channels then does sound like a box issue.
How long have you had it?

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Wilsonline
Grafter

It's a DTR2120, I had it since August 2015.
Fixes: 222

I suspect it's out of warranty so not sure what happens, need a staff comment Sad

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Wilsonline
Grafter

Cheers. It looks like the box was provided for free, I can't see a charge for it on my bill, so not sure if the warranty is with me or Plusnets responsibility.
Wilsonline
Grafter

I can confirm it's a box issue. I've had to hard power cycle it from the rear switch on the last couple of uses as it hasn't switched on from the remote or power button on the top.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 380

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems with your YouView box.

I've reviewed your account and I've arranged for a replacement to be delivered.

It should arrive within the next couple of days via courier.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Wilsonline
Grafter

Very much appreciated. I look forward to it arriving and giving it a run!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 380

No problems at all. Smiley

Let us know how you get on.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team