cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Link in email gives error - Solved but still confused!

TonyGer

BT Sport Link in email gives error - Solved but still confused!

I have just moved to Plusnet from BT and have added BT Sports.

Broadband and Phone have set up really easily but the email link sent gives the following error message:

This page isn’t working

secureorder.bt.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I have been repeating this attempt over several hours with no success. Christmas is here so I'd better get this to work or I will be in real trouble for suggesting we move supplier ;-). I saw similar issues reported in some posts but the solution of the creation of a new BT ID to a different email address failed when I attempted it as they asked for the BT contract number!
Any ideas?... 

UPDATE:
PlusNet sent me another email this morning with the link which unfortunately still gave the same error message. I was connecting via a Win10 laptop and iPad with the same result. As I am using a Netgear Nighthawk router I wondered if it was a router issue so I have used my mobile phone (iPhone and Chrome browser over 4G not linked via wireless to the router) and I was able to go to the correct BT webpage and complete registration. Happy (and happy family) but still confused!
3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Alumni (retired) Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: BT Sport Link in email gives error - Help Please!

Hello @TonyGer

I am deeply sorry to hear the email link for your BT Sports App is having issues in loading up the link page.

I would recommend clearing all cookies and caches on your web browser before following the link.

It is also worth trying to use a different web browser.

There is a service notice sent to you which has step by step instructions on how to register your BT Sports App. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Wakas Hussain
 Plusnet Help Team
TonyGer

Thanks Dumbledore,

seems our messages overlapped.

I did try different browsers, Chrome and Internet explorer and the iPad using Chrome but didn't try clearing the cache etc before I resorted to using phone on 4G as mentioned in updated post above which worked. Thanks for posting on Christmas Day!!

Plusnet Alumni (retired) Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @TonyGer

Sorry that I didn't read the whole post thoroughly. I am pleased to hear you managed to sort out the issue you experienced.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Wish you a lovely Christmas!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Wakas Hussain
 Plusnet Help Team