cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport ID Error ID003

GordonC1

BT Sport ID Error ID003

Hi - I am struggling with login to the BT Sport app on any devices - have created the BT ID and updated Password but getting Error ID003 when I try to sign into App on any device - Laptop, Mobile & Samsung TV. When you look look up ID Error on BT site it has potential fix options for BT/Sky or EE Mobile customers but nothing for PlusNet. 

To add some extra confusion - I also have a BT Mobile account as it (EE) is the only consistent mobile provider where I live. This means when I had a looked at going down the BT support route they want me also subscribe through them!

To add to my frustration the BT Sport Add-on from PN was working fine on all devices before I cancelled it when Lockdown started. 

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Dazz

Re: BT Sport ID Error ID003

I'm getting that error too across my devices. It did state on the confirmation email it can take up to 24 hours for the service to work despite BT saying it should work straight away when setting up the BT id that I have used before.
GordonC1

Hi Dazz - I ended up speaking with Plusnet Support last night and they mentioned there have a number of instances with users re-subscribing to BT Sport and the BT systems having an issue with "new" subscribers using a previously used email address for their BT ID. 

The work around is to re-subscribe with an alternative email address - which I have done this morning and was able to login to BT Sport with a few minutes. 

Unfortunately this also meant PN Support had to remove & re-initiate my subscription so I could request the new BT ID using the new email address. 

Big thank you to Iain in Support for his help with this.

Cheers

Dazz

This morning I had an email from BT, I clicked the link they sent me and then I had access across all my devices.