cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport HD glitching!! (Done this a few times lately)

robbieglover2k
Rising Star

BT Sport HD glitching!! (Done this a few times lately)

Can anyone help with this as this is starting to become a little bit too regular, my BT Sport HD now and again glitches and I have to change the channel then change it back again to watch it, it's completely ruining my live experience of events I'm trying to watch.

My cables are fine, my internet is fine so I'm not too sure what to do to stop this because like I say it's ruining my live experience which I pay for BT Sport and HD both extra.

The service is great, absolutely fantastic and I'm really happy with it, it's just this is a little frustrating and I really want it to stop, it's also ruining my recordings too as it records the glitches on my box (I have the box where you can record). 

It did it a few weeks ago and then stopped and tonight it's doing it again which as I say is ruining my live experience here I'm trying to watch and it's frustrating, is anyone else having the same or a similar experience?

Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon Smiley 

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 35

Re: BT Sport HD glitching!! (Done this a few times lately)

Hi @robbieglover2k, I'm sorry for the issues being experienced. I've ran some tests this side and nothing is being picked up that could be causing an issue.

Are you currently connected using powerline adaptors? If so, I's advise removing these and using a direct Ethernet connection to rule this as a cause.

At the time the issue presents itself, is there anything else streaming at the same time? Is it solely the HD channel where the issue occurs?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Rising Star

Hi @LaurenB thank you for that, it's much appreciated!!

I just spoke to Plusnet now and gave them a call as I wanted to ask about this, we did three speed tests with the BTW Performance Test you ask us to run and it wasn't as solid as it should be, it dropped 10 mb between tests (I had like 25, 35 and 30 on the three results) which they said it shouldn't be doing, everything is fine with the connections as it's a direct connection, no adaptors or anything in between.

I think it was around December last year though I had an issue where my speeds dropped really bad and Plusnet changed the frequency I think and the channel which fixed it and it became solid again until the past month or so ago, I'm not fully sure as I'm not overly technical but I think they said it was congested and they just needed to refresh my connection and clear it or something at the time.

It's also done this when nothing else has been streaming (I did on one occasion have something downloading on my PC but it has done it without that anyway and I turned it off on that occasion too), it also did it on the SD channel last night too (not as bad but still glitched) as I switched from HD to SD due to this and still had some glitches.

The thing with the glitches on the SD channel though was it didn't glitch too bad to the point I had to switch the channel to clear it, it just glitched and rectified itself where as with the HD I have to change the channel and then back again but it completely ruins my live experience.

As I say, I pay extra for this as I pay additional for BT Sport and additional for HD too, I also have an internet package that is supposed to support this too so shouldn't have to upgrade or anything (I know you've not mentioned this I just mean in general) so I'm a bit disappointed because I am losing money here and not being able to fully enjoy what I'm paying for. 

Plusnet have always been great and are without doubt the best out there, so I'm really happy with the service and it's usually pretty solid however I don't want to have to keep doing this every few months or so and would just like my internet to be more solid continuously as it usually is more times than not, it's just recently and of course when I had to refresh back in December which you guys kindly did. I just want it fixing please that's all.

I hope this helps and thanks for your time and help, I appreciate it Smiley 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 284

Thanks for getting back to us.

Out of curiosity do you have the same issue with other HD channels?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team