cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport HD Not Showing BT Sport HD 2 & 3 Channels

da9flipper
Hooked

BT Sport HD Not Showing BT Sport HD 2 & 3 Channels

I recently upgrade again to HD package but am only receiving BT Sport HD 1, not Channels 2 & 3. I had the same problem in Feb last year & ended up cancelling HD package as Plusnet seemed unable or unwilling to rectify problem. Presumably it cannot be that difficult to check my account is configured correctly?!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

9 REPLIES 9
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 37

Re: BT SPORT HD NOT SHOWING BT SPORT HD 2 & 3 CHANNELS

Hi @da9flipper,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. Have you attempted to turn your YouView box off 30 seconds and then turn it back on again since re-upgrading to the service? If you have and this hasn't resolved the issues please can you confirm what error message you receive when trying to access the channels?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
da9flipper
Hooked

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me!

BT Sport 1 HD shows up in my subscribed channel list but BT Sport 2 HD & 3 HD do not.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 37

Hi @da9flipper,

Thanks for confirming this. To try and get a deeper understanding of what may be causing this issue I'd like to ask if it's only BT Sport HD 2 and BT Sport HD 3 that are unavailable or if there are any other channels from your current channel packs that are also missing?

Regarding a resolution, I would recommend now trying to perform a maintenance mode factory reset of your YouView box, a guide for which can be found here. Please note the guide for your specific box should be under the heading "Plusnet DTR-T2120".

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
da9flipper
Hooked

Para 1 correct. All other HD channels are showing in my subscribed channel list.

When I re-signed for HD the BT Sport HD 1 appeared correctly in the subscribed channel list without resetting my box.

I think the problem is a switching issue at Plusnet’s end and I have only been given access to one of BT Sport HD channels rather than the 3 channels I am paying for.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 271

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm can you view the other BT Sport channels in standard definition?

You shouldn't be able to do this as you don't have the BT Sport channel pack on your account. As a result you only have BT Sport lite which only gives you access to BT Sport 1.

If you want to access the extra BT Sport channels you can add this by going to your member centre here

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

@MatthewWheeler 

I think I know where the OP is coming from....

Your pages show you get BTS HD 1, 2 and 3 here - https://www.plus.net/help/tv/channels/channel-packs-list/

(look under HD sub heading)

430 BT Sport 1 HD
431 BT Sport 2 HD
432 BT Sport 3 HD

It doesn't actually say you need a BT Sport subscription...? Maybe it should to avoid future confusion...?

But this is regarding BT S - https://www.plus.net/help/tv/bt-sport/bt-sport-via-youview/

Unless they actually do have an active sub but it isn't showing...?

da9flipper
Hooked

My account shows a £5/month charge for Youview TV but I understand that this is included In Unlimited Fibre package! I assumed that the continuing £5 monthly charge covered BT Sport cost.

I have re-subscribed to BT Sport package to try & get the HD Sport channels sorted out.

Please confirm that my account will be changed to correctly reflect the charges and that there will be no increase in my monthly bill?

DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

My account shows a £5/month charge for Youview TV but I understand that this is included In Unlimited Fibre package!

No, it isn't. You may to check this. Your bill will give a breakdown of all services you're paying for.

The base package for YV from PN starts at £5pm for the Entertainment Channel.

Then addons are, for example, Entertainment + (plus) and so on.

I have re-subscribed to BT Sport package

Again, check your bill, just to make sure. BT Sport Lite is/was* FOC, extras are chargeable.

*afaik it still is part of the base (£5) package.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 13

Hi @da9flipper,

Thanks for getting in touch.

YouView TV is an add-on service and is not included in the Unlimited Fibre package, it is charged separately. This allows you to add or remove the service without having to negotiate a new broadband contract or wait for it to expire. The full BT Sport channel pack is also charged as an additional extra.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Tahir M
 Plusnet Help Team