cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Box Office access via Plusnet TV (I was asked to make a thread here)

robbieglover2k
Grafter

BT Sport Box Office access via Plusnet TV (I was asked to make a thread here)

*** Please kindly read through as Plusnet and BT have asked me to drum up some support for this to finally get the Box Office Channel available on the Plusnet TV platform ***

Ok, so I've been speaking to BT, Plusnet and Youview for the past 3 months or so ever since BT Sport changed their format they have now added the Box Office channel to their packages and due to this it's pretty much messed up the BT Sport package on Plusnet due to the new Box Office channel not appearing in the channel list.

I know Plusnet TV is a budget TV platform however this is part of the perks of being a Plusnet customer (just like the sim cards are) so I feel it's very unfair that Plusnet TV customers lose out on access to the BT Sport Box Office channel which is through no fault of Plusnet's, it's simply because BT changed their format now where they build up events on the channels but you can't even watch the events or have the option to do this due to no channel access in the channel list.

All the other platforms have now been updated with a simple scan and the channel now appears in people's channel lists apart from Plusnet's Youview platform which you can then get access to by purchasing the event (either online or through the channel) and then you at least have the option to watch the events.

I've been given various workarounds but honestly it's all a bit much, they've mentioned to me to buy a Chromecast and link up that to a PC or phone etc.. and then buy the events and stream them from the devices to my TV which is a problem as I have no idea how to do this, I have no spare HDMI sockets in my TV (My TV is mounted on my wall so I can't get behind it either to keep changing over), it's just hassle after hassle really and I don't want to be buying events to sit and watch on my phone or a laptop etc.. it needs to be on my TV like it is for everyone else really, I did also try a few workarounds with them but nothing helps such as a PS4 app but they said no, I also asked about it being on Now TV as I have a Now TV box too, but again, they said no (this is BT by the way) they basically are just saying either watch on your phone or go out and buy a Chromecast and go through all that which to be honest I think is a bit much when all I want to do is be able to purchase Box Office Events (or at least have the option) as now we have all these events building up on the regular channels but we're not able to watch them as we could before BT decided to bring in this Box Office channel (which is fair enough, as I have no problem in paying for events if that's what they want but they won't even make it accessible for us).

Now, I've spoken with BT and Plusnet (and Youview also) and BT and Plusnet have said that if there's enough demand on this they will then add it to the channel lists and this is why I was asked to start a thread here as they've all agreed it's unfair that we're left out and the only one's without the access to it, it's like watching a movie on not being able to access the final scene.

Again, Plusnet have been fantastic and they are brilliant, it's through no fault of Plusnet that they've changed this format but it has become a pain and taken things away from us, whether we are paying a full price BT Sport package or a package as part of a deal for being a Plusnet customer I don't think it's fair to not give us access to the Box Office Channel simply because we chose to do it through Plusnet with all our other services.

I've spoke with them a few times and it's simple how it works, the channel will appear in the channel list explaining how to purchase the events (either online, calling a number or possibly through the channel) and then we'll pay for the event with our credit or debit cards and the channel will appear (the same way channel packages do).

It really is a case of the channel just needs to be added to the channel list which I know can be done as I've been speaking to BT, Plusnet and Youview about it for around 3 - 4 months and I've been told that it can be done it's just the demand needs to be there (honestly, I think it should come as default but this is the reason for this thread as I was asked to do this to drum up a bit of support).

I really wanted to purchase the Tyson Fury fight (it felt like I was begging them to be a customer) which is why I contacted them soon as I heard about this BT Box Office channel coming in (September I believe it was launched) so I wanted to get in quick to give them time to try sort it but I failed in regards to this, I couldn't get the fight in the end so ended up missing it and I really want to buy this Josh Warrington fight too on the 22nd December but again, I'm not going to be able to do it because I simply have no access to the BT Sport Box Office channel (As explained, it needs to be on my TV).

Basically we are the only platform where a BT Sport subscription is available but are missing the Box Office Channel which is now part of the BT Sport package, it's an incomplete package now and because most of the events are now built up and put on Box Office, it's starting to make the regular BT Sport channels become pointless now.

Not only that but this is losing business for BT and Plusnet too, I know friends who are recently on Plusnet broadband and I've mentioned about the TV package but they said they're not getting it if they can't have the option to watch the events they build up to (which I understand), so Plusnet are losing a marketing deal there with having an incomplete package now.

BT are also losing business because I'm sure there's many people on Plusnet TV who would purchase the events too if we had them available to us or access to the channel as friends and family often chip in to buy these events too, as well as people buying them themselves also.

Like any business the more people it's available to the more you're going to sell and it's kinda unfair we have been left out and no workaround has been done to consider us and at least make the channel available to us due to how important it is to have this channel with BT changing their format now and the way they air their events.

Again, this is no fault of Plusnet at all, it's probably a pain for them in a way as it means more work but it really does need to be added into the channel list at least so we can have the option of being able to see the events and purchase these if we would like to do so.

Again, I put it down to say having a movie and not being able to see the final scene, the events are what are built up to on the regular BT channels now and without access to the channel, we can't see the final chapter of these events either.

We just need the channel available in the channel list and that's all to at least have the option of purchasing these events just like everyone else, once this is there it will be sorted, feel fair and everyone will be happy.

So all I ask is for people to support this as obviously to some people it's important and quite heartbreaking really.

As Plusnet and BT told me, if the demand is there they will add it to the channel list but as of now they have no plans to do so because they don't feel enough people want it (which I find quite unfair) which is why one of the higher up's at Plusnet who called me the other day asked me to drum up some support here and then finally we can get the channel added to the channel list just like everyone else.

Thanks for kindly reading anyway, I'm sure there's more I could mention here about all this as it has been a long time I've been banging my head trying to stress how important this channel is to be available for us as part of the BT package, once this is sorted everyone will be very happy as there will be more business for Plusnet and BT and of course those people (like myself) who really want this will FINALLY be able to access this like everyone else who has a BT Sport package from their provider.

Thanking you kindly in advance and hope to hear from you soon Smiley

21 REPLIES 21
Daniel28012
Rising Star

Re: BT Sport Box Office access via Plusnet TV (I was asked to make a thread here)

You would think that Plusnet would have offered this from day 1 considering BT own Plusnet and I would like to see this added as a matter of urgency.
robbieglover2k
Grafter

Re: BT Sport Box Office access via Plusnet TV (I was asked to make a thread here)

I know what you mean Daniel, that's what I thought also at the time, didn't really expect us to be left out.

I honestly feel it's unfair, I mean we can be given various excuses but things such as "It's a budget platform" for example I don't really feel that's a valid excuse because it's a budget platform because we are customers of Plusnet and that's the deal, the same way we get mates rates on the sim cards.

I appreciate Plusnet dearly and think they're fantastic!! However not having this BT Box Office available to us is not only giving us an incomplete package now it's very unfair.

I even tried the Chromecast thing too since my last post but it lagged like crazy and wasn't good, so I even tried that even though I don't agree how we should have to do all these work arounds when everyone else gets it as normal, it's just not fair however they asked for a demand for it and if there is one, they'll do it.

Hence why they told me to write this on the forum and drum up the support.

All we want to do is be a customer and have the option to buy these events they build up on the regular BT channels now (which normally they would be on there before they changed this which wasn't our fault) but they're making it very difficult for us.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Tags (1)
robbieglover2k
Grafter

Just bumping this because BT Sport have now added one if their UFC events to the Box Office channel (which has caused lots of upset for various reasons).

However this channel is becoming more and more important now to be accessible in the Plusnet TV platform (see original post if you haven't already).

BT promised they wouldn't do this with the UFC but they've gone against that, a lot of people unhappy however Plusnet you HAVE to get this channel added now, it's really important.

A lot of people subscribe to BT Sport specifically for UFC which BT promised after the Eleven Sports deal (thankfully) fell through that we'd continue to get UFC as normal like we always have but as expected, they've gone against that and are trying to test the waters to see how much money they can make by putting it in PPV.

Point is, BT Sport is becoming less and less valuable having when the Box Office channel is becoming more and more a necessity to have to follow and watch the live events you have BT Sport for in the first place.

See this video here and the comments: https://youtu.be/S3QqaXku4zs

It needs to happen Plusnet and I was told on the phone when I made this thread if enough people demanded it it would be added to the channel list and both BT and Plusnet told me this can be done if the demand is there.

Thanks 😊
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @robbieglover2k,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm afraid that I don't have any information to share on when or if BT Sport Box Office will be available through our YouView platform. Please accept my apologies as I do not have any further information to provide.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
robbieglover2k
Grafter

Hi @Jubby, that doesn't really answer anything, I know it's a lot of text but please kindly read through the OP and the replies as to why this thread was posted (I was asked to do so on the phone and to explain it fully in depth). I know there's no info but this is becoming more and more important now for this channel to be added to the channel list so people can have the option to pay for the events. Please read through as it's all been explained why it's becoming more and more important and necessary as BT Sport alone isn't really covering the sports and events as much for the majority of things (Boxing, UFC etc..), this is becoming more and more essential to have now.

Listen to this here if you have time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtgnGe0FzY

Plusnet told me it can easily be added if enough people demand it, BT and Youview told me to get in touch with Plusnet to do this and Plusnet told me if enough people demand it they'll add it to the list.

I feel exhausted now as I've been expressing this since last August however it's now becoming more and more essential for this channel to be accessible in the channel list than anything (I've already explained about the other ways being difficult without it being in the list).

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with Plusnet and you guys provide a fantastic service however this really is very important, it just needs to be added to the channel list/guide and it's Plusnet that need to get onto it to do it (which can be done if enough demand is there). 

Thank you so much and keep up the fantastic work!!! Smiley 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Hi @robbieglover2k, I appreciate your disappointment that the Box Office channel isn't available through ourselves but thank you for taking the time to get in touch on our forums and provide this feedback. Please know that our customers feedback doesn't go unheard however,  I'm afraid as @Jubby mentioned we don't have any information at the moment to share on when or even if BT Sport Box Office will be available through our YouView platform. If we had more information to give, we would certainly advise of this Smiley

I know this is likely not the response you were hoping for; I'm really glad you are happy with your service otherwise and please get back to us if you have any other queries we can assist with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Grafter

Hi, I know @LaurenB but it really needs to be added and this is why I was asked to post this. 

I've just had this reply from BT now, again saying that Plusnet just need to add it:

------------

As you buy BT Sport through Plusnet you would need to direct any questions about supplying the BT Sport Box Office directly to them such as this user has on their Community https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/BT-Sport-Box-Office/m-p/1588038#M5019 last year.

------------

This is all I get all the time! 

Honestly, it really is needed, I just wish you guys would talk and sort it out as I've been trying to do this since August last year and I'm sure many others feel the same, it's not really the customers job and all I've had is "Put a post on the forum" (which I have). It really is essential it's there now, I wish I could express this a lot more and I really wish you would just kindly do this finally, as mentioned and explained in the posts above it can easily be done (I've been told numerous of times by Plusnet, BT and Youview), the channel just needs to be added so it's there but you'll only do it if enough people ask for it which I think is a little unfair. 

I just really wish you'd sort it out now Sad 

That aside, I absolutely love Plusnet and I'm really really happy with you guys massively, but I just wish you would sort this out as it's becoming really frustrating and upsetting now Sad 

robbieglover2k
Grafter

Also, an update on this. I've now been told BT Sport Box Office is on Channel 494 on the Plusnet/Youview platform and just need updating (which BT told me it can easily be done but Plusnet have to do it).

The info also is here (scroll down to channel list): https://www.a516digital.com/p/youview-channel-listing.html

Honestly, I think it's unfair the customer has to beg for this and do the work for this here when really BT and Plusnet should just talk and get it sorted out.

I want to share this too which I posted on the BT forum, can someone at Plusnet make sure the higher management see this please?

This is really important and I'm really frustrated about this for so long now, it just needs to be finally added (which as I say I've been told numerous of times from Plusnet, BT and Youview this can be easily done).

I'll paste the forum post as I REALLY want the highest management to see this please cause honestly this is very unfair.

Thanks Smiley

--------

Just want to add on this, as I mentioned before as much as I don't agree with how they've mislead people with this whole UFC and BT Sport situation with the subscriptions and promises they've broken with that aside I wouldn't mind buying the odd PPV at all if:

1. The PPV's were on at a reasonable hour.
2. They didn't do this TOO MUCH.
3. They made sure the Box Office was available to ALL their subscribers on ALL platforms. (Such as the Plusnet platform for example)

The third point ***** me off the most because not only do I find that very selfish on BT Sports behalf but it's also stabbing their loyal paying customers in the back for the sake of greed, it doesn't matter how or where people subscribe to BT Sport they are ALL contributing to the business and are ALL good loyal paying customers, so this I feel is very bad and very selfish.

They SHOULD cater for and make sure ALL their subscribers have the opportunity to purchase the events otherwise they are taking it away from them for the sake of pure greed. 

BT Sport have done a fantastic job bringing us UFC coverage so supporting them this way on the odd card I wouldn't mind doing at all, they've brought us some great content, specially with shows such as UFC Now (which is brilliant and the best show on there!) that supporting them with the odd PPV buy is fine but on the conditions above, specially as I say the 3rd point because that is really very selfish of them otherwise. 

Do any BT managers even read this forum? I'd love them to see this specific post however I did just want to sum this up.

--------

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 38

@robbieglover2k,

To reitterate what has been said before:

• We do not offer BT Sport Box Office as a channel add on.
  • There are no immediate plans to offer this as a channel add on.
  • Your unhappiness at its lack of inclusion in our offerings has been passed on to our products team but they have already advised that this is not on the current road map of offerings, though might be something that is looked into if we produce a new box or subscription package in the future. 

The BT Sport service is a value added service that we sell, but that doesn't mean we sell every variant of that product. For example TalkTalk offer BT Sport on their TV service, but they (from what I can see) don't offer Box Office either, from looking it is only BT, Sky and Virgin that currently offer Box Office products and it's likely this is because all three have direct contracts with the organisers. It is not unfortunately just a case of 'adding it on', if we're not in a position to be able to do so. 

That said you should still be able to watch and pay directly through the Box Office website - as you have a BTID - and stream to your TV if you have the relevant third party equipment to do so, or through a HDMI cable from a laptop.

To answer your comments about BT managers reading comments - No they absolutely do not. This is a Plusnet forum about Plusnet products (and general chat discussions).

Again your feedback has been taken on board, it's been passed to the products team - but for now and the foreseeable future no BT Sport Box Office product will be offered by Plusnet.

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Grafter

Hey @JOLO. That's the whole point of this, I KNOW you don't offer it. That is the whole idea of the thread and why PLUSNET told me to put it up here!!! 

This is getting VERY frustrating!!! I'm getting so upset and annoyed about this because it's ESSENTIAL we have access to it.

I KNOW BT Sport managers don't read this forum, you clearly didn't read my response because I said "I'LL PASTE MY POST HERE FROM THE BT FORUM" - That was FROM the BT forum (as I mentioned in the reply).

Clearly this hasn't been read properly before your reply, that really wasn't answering anything and is just quite frustrating to read. Please read properly in regards to this and thank you so much!!!!

I've already explained about those other options not being an option for me (I'm tired of repeating myself). I cannot do it!! 1. My TV is attached on my wall. 2. My TV doesn't have any spare HDMI's. 3. I don't have a laptop, 4. I bought a Chromecast (which I really shouldn't have to do) which I sent back because it wasn't beneficial or did it work for me and 5. I've explained how the other options aren't a work around for me. Trust me, I've tried and I've been on at this since August last year!!!

At the end of the day it CAN be done. Plusnet just need to update their channel list and that is all!! I've already been told by Plusnet it can be done, BT have told me it can be done (and they said to get onto Plusnet, really, why am I having to do all this work!!) and also it's available on the Youview platform here. iot's just Plusnet haven't updated it but it's NEEDED to be on!!

I cannot stress this enough and I'm getting really annoyed and fed up with this now, it's been going on since August last year and I'm tired of the blagged answers all the time!!

The platform is actually outdated and just needs an update which is ALL it is, but Plusnet just have to do it and honestly, we shouldn't have to beg for this to be done, SPECIALLY when it's something that is now ESSENTIAL to the BT Sport platform.

I'll paste my other forum post here, but there's actually a few channels missing (I don't mind the BT Sport Extra HD's being missing because they're not essential but the Box Office access IS and I'm tired of trying to stress that now!!!)

Here's the post and please read properly in regards to things and stop making this more frustrating for me please!! I'm very happy with Plusnet and really happy with your service but this is disappointing me big time now when really, it's a simple update that would make many customers very happy!!

I'm tired of this and I'm exhausted!!

Here's the other post with the missing channels which ARE available on there if only Plusnet would (finally) get it updated!!! 

--------

There is actually some updates needed by Plusnet on the Youview platform as there's a few BT Sport HD channels missing including the BT Sport Extra HD's and BT Sport Box Office which are available (and needed) but Plusnet just need to update this.

These channels here:

458 - BT Sport Extra 1 HD
459 - BT Sport Extra 2 HD
460 - BT Sport Extra 3 HD
461 - BT Sport Extra 4 HD
462 - BT Sport Extra 5 HD
463 - BT Sport Extra 6 HD

494 - BT Sport Box Office HD

I honestly don't mind about the extra HD's not being updated just yet as there's no rush in regards to them but the BT Sport Box Office really frustrates me because this is NEEDED now and it's taken away so much from us without even giving us the choice which is very unfair (see my latest post in this thread here).

I've also been told by numerous sources (as well as at BT, Plusnet and Youview) that this can easily be done but Plusnet just have to do it. It frustrates me because we shouldn't have to beg for this to be done, it should have been done anyway ages ago and it's not right asking the customers to ask BT, ask Plusnet etc. being passed about like that. Honestly, Plusnet and BT should just talk and just get it done!!

I'd be really, really, really grateful once they finally did this with the BT Sport Box Office channel. You can see this confirmation here too as well as the full channel list which I've just been given by clicking this link here:

YouView channel list - BT TV, TalkTalk TV, Plusnet TV

I've been trying to get this sorted since they announced it around August last year and I'm just exhausted banging my head against a brick wall all the time to do this, all I've had is "We can do it but put a post on the forum and if the demand is there we'll do it" but really, they should do it anyway because it's absolutely needed now for the BT Sport package.

Thanks Smiley

--------

robbieglover2k
Grafter

Just to add, I've always been very very happy with Plusnet up until now but this is pushing me away a little.

I've got 6 friends on Plusnet broadband, I've got my sister on to Plusnet broadband, TV and mobile, I've got myself on Plusnet broadband, TV and mobile (which I was with O2 before who were also great but Plusnet are fantastic and wanted to support you), I've also got my mum on Plusnet mobile, a couple of other friends are getting the TV from you too and all I want is this one simple thing doing but am getting completely ignored all the time or passed about for months on end.

It's not a nice way to treat us, it's very frustrating and very upsetting. You can see how much this is wanted so just add the channel, it's just an update that is needed, that is all (and it's important too!!).

Thank you, I have sincere gratitude to you guys for doing it but please, sort this out finally, just please add it to the channel list, that is all!!

It's not a lot to ask at all Sad 

Thank you also for kindly passing it on, I am sincerely very grateful to you but I'm just so upset and frustrated by it all and it's really disheartening and disappointing because Plusnet (in my opinion) have always been by far the best but they're not taking any of this on board now, I'm just really upset and frustrated that's all Sad

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 38

@robbieglover2k 

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure what else can be added to this.

• We cannot offer the service -

This is because of the dev work required to update the firmware on box and create a billing infrastructure to bill for Box Office - but could potentially be looked into if/when a new box is provided by ourselves - this is not in any roadmap the support team have or will see. Do not expect this to happen at any point in the near future.

To reiterate again only BT, Sky and Virgin are currently contractually able to offer the product. The BT website confirming 2019s upcoming events advises the only providers that can offer the service. Plusnet is not one of these providers:

BT Sport.JPG

Again I'm sorry @robbieglover2k as clearly this is distressing you but to finalise some expectations on the availability of Box Office on Plusnet - the product you want us to sell cannot currently be sold, and will not be sold by us in the near future. if this is a product that you require you will need to look at one of the three providers that are able to sell the product. 

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Grafter

*sigh* I honestly appreciate you trying to please know that and thank you for that, sincerely!!

I just really wish you would do it, BT have told me to get on to you lots of times because it can be done, Plusnet also told me to put the post here originally last December because they also said it can be done and will update it if people want it and then I'm being told this too, it's just frustrating. I don't disbelieve you but I just wish that you WOULD make it a priority at Plusnet, this would make a lot of people very happy.

Also, as I mentioned it's mainly to do with the fact that it's becoming essential to have this now because BT Sport are starting to put a lot of their content on there that the main channels are becoming less and less essential, it really is just a case of needing access to it somehow, someway which of course the best (and most appreciated) way would be for Plusnet to do it cause I do feel I can rely on you more to be honest to listen to customers AND to care (which you usually do, another reason why I love you guys!!).

I just honestly wish you would take this on board more and understand how frustrating/important it is, as I say the "Extra HD" channels doesn't bother me personally as they're not needed but this is and it really is because BT Sport have changed their format a lot meaning the current channels are becoming pointless without the BT Sport Box Office being available.

It's like watching a film and not being able to access the end scene of the film for example, it's really important.

The bill infrastructure by the way on the Box Office channel isn't something Plusnet would need to do, we can pay online to BT and then the channel is accessed/on after that payment there, it wouldn't need anything to do with Plusnet to have this in their billing section (also something else BT have mentioned to me on the phone). 

It's on the Youview platform on channel 494 but is just missing from the channel list of updates as shown here.

*sigh* I really wish you would just do this but please know I do appreciate you so much so thank you, it's just something that means a lot and it feels like I can't express that or is it important to Plusnet. I just wish you'd do it to be honest, I know it might be the work as you mentioned but it would be so much appreciated and would just add to another reason why Plusnet (in my opinion) are the best out there because it shows you care!! Smiley

Thank you so much anyway, I really do hope Plusnet can take this on board more and see just how important this is for us at least to have access to this channel, somehow, someway.

Thanks @JOLO for kindly listening Smiley

Fixes: 559

Moderators Note

Unhelpful post and reply removed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'