Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: BT Sport App

I am not happy as I did pre-registered bt sports app online couple of months ago and I have signed up two days ago but only 6 months discounts of £2.50 off (suppose to be 12 months discounts because I did pre-registered) not happy at all. Sad

What annoyed me is I never received the pre-register email from PN. Why?

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

@goldenfibre hard to say why you didn't receive the email with the information I have to hand.  Typically there are a number of possible reasons as to why emails aren't received, bounce back or aren't sent obviously these can range from us not capturing the details correctly, firewalls or customers not entering the correct details/ mistakes or typos in email addresses etc etc. 

These are just a few examples as to why emails aren't sent/received again, hard to diagnose at this stage.  I will ask the team to do a full implementation review on the email send process to understand if there was a wider problem. At this stage with the number of pre-reg customers taking the app it looks like there are a few isolated instances of customers not receiving this as opposed to large pockets of customers.  

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

There is nothing wrong with my email. I have no problem pre registered plusnet mobile and got email straight away. But I did pregistered bt sports app a couple of month ago when I received email about line rental increase price last may email and I click on the right side of that email with plusnet bt sports app pregistered and it was sent successfully but never received anything back since.

I think I have to consider to cancel bt sports app if plusnet willing not to offer me £2.50 for 12 months with no fault of mine. But I think the pregistered email problem was down at plusnet end. Not me.

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@goldenfibre I was simply pointing out some of the common reasons as to why emails go astray, not seeking to proportion blame or indeed even diagnose why in this instance you didn't receive your email.

If you need to cancel or wish to discuss this further then I suggest you give us a call on the usual number.  The agents can remove this from your account if you wish to cancel and can discuss what possibilities if any exist to move you to the pre-reg offer.

Thanks 

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Please removed bt sports app and bt sports hd on my account. No longer want this now. Sorry I can't phone as I unable to hear on the phone.
PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@goldenfibre We're unable to make changes to your account by instruction through the community site.  I suggest you use webchat or an alternative method to instruct us to do this, details can be found on our homepage of alternative ways to contact us should you wish. 

Unfortunately I'm not the right person here in PlusNet to handle this request for you, I don't have the systems access to do this, your PlusNet username or the necessary details to be able to perform the necessary data protection checks.

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
o1nk

Here's a question

If I get the BT Sports app @ £5 per month, can I use it through a computer, or via the app, on any wifi (and not plusnet/BT etc)?
The reason is that I work nights and would have the Champions League on my computer at work, not at home. Our business internet is on a Virgin pipe

Cheers

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Surely you suppose to do some job to do not watch the football at work place
PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@o1nk I had this running on my work laptop over a Sky connection and my tablet/phone on the same connection. The Wifi provider shouldn't make a difference. I can't comment as to whether your employers IT equipment or policy prevent the access or streaming of certain types of content. Wink

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
o1nk

It's my company
With all the rigmarole about 'you can only use this app on this device and not this device' , like SkyGo not working on an android box (perfect in my office - but Sky doesn't work on android with HDMI). So now I have a small HTPC in there with an HDMI out. 
Seems BT gets it right. You pay your money and you can watch it how,where and when you wish.

So I had to ask the question. Seemed a stupid question. But in this day and age, you just never know on what restrictions they bang in place.

Thanks all
Answered that one for me.

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@o1nk Completely understand. Every question is a valid one and if in doubt ask.  Happy Viewing

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

BT Sports does block HDMI output just like Sky Go.

o1nk

Not on a PC though?
I know Sky blocks HDMI for android but not PC. It couldn't physically do it.