Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App

FIXED
benshaw627
Hooked

Re: BT Sport App

All sorted, thanks to the plusnet community team for their help!.
ideasvacuum
Dabbler

scoobyjones1 wrote:

Yes, I got decent results from a high spec windows 10 laptop using the HDMI output into my tv...though still quite jerky and laggy....with fast moving ball type sports such as tennis, cricket and football this makes watching difficult. Many smartphones...ie Samsungs from 6 upwards have stopped HDMI support. 

The best thing would be for the BT app to be available for smart TV's....as is Now TV with sky sports. That way you can just stream direct to a large screen rather than wifi to your phone and casting by wifi back again to your tv. No wonder it's juddery that way!

Well, I wouldn't regard "jerky and laggy" as a decent result Smiley  The weakest link is probably the WiFi connection. The routers also have Ethernet cable sockets, so if practical, I think "going all cable" has a good chance of improving the streaming.

Another possibility is an Android Media box. They can be connected via HDMI and sit on/under/next to your smart TV. They work like a dedicated TV computer. I have not tried one but they certainly look the business - search ebay for "Android TV Box".

stereohaven
Grafter
Fixes: 1

PaulB-G wrote:

@stereohaven.  If you already have the BT Sport Channel Pack then the App is free and it's already been added to your account.  You should have received an email as a channel pack customer to ask you to go and create a BT ONE ID.  These emails were sent around 3pm on the 9/8.  Please let me know if you haven't received this email.

Hi Paul

I don't have this email but I think I have worked out what the issue is. Can someone message me directly to resolve?

It's not something you will want me to share on here... Grin

pbarratt
Hooked

I'm in need of some assistance. 

I've followed the instructions but the app is telling me to activate my account (even though I have). When I sign in on the BT website, it is asking me to add my BT Account Number which is something I obviously don't have.

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated. Not sure what I've done incorrectly.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 2

@pbarratt - I've just sent you a message to understand a few more details. 

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
Highlighted
KaotiK
Grafter

does the bt sport app stream HD content or?

Topov81
Hooked

Hi - great thread, lots of useful info.

Anyone know if the BT Sport web player will run ok on a Chromebook?... I have no issue with iPlayer but NowTV won't work as it needs Silverlight.  

krusty
Hooked

You can use sport.bt.com

krusty
Hooked

@KaotiK it will dynamically adjust the picture quality to your screen and bandwidth. I'm not sure if it will go beyond hd though Tongue

-Tal-
Hooked

I have the same problem as 'pbarratt' - I have just completed the registration (about 1 hr ago) and when I try to use the website online player with my new BT Id, it goes to "Step 1 of 2: Add your account number", which I don't have.

Any immediate help appreciated, I have anxious offspring awaiting access this evening...

krusty
Hooked

@-Tal- it should disappear .. It normally goes once system sees that you have the package on your account, untill then the system will ask for the bt account number (which you do not have)..

If you ever decide to remove bt sport it will go back to asking for a bt account number

-Tal-
Hooked

Thanks krusty. Do you, or anyone for that matter, know how long that might take? I know the official set up time is 24hrs but from reading this thread from the start, it seems it's usually quicker than that.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@-Tal- the recommended time we advise is 24 hours.  Go back to the email asking you to verify your ID and give it another try now (assuming you've left it longer than 20 minutes).  Clear the cookies from your browser before you do. 

@krusty When you remove the app it's cancelled on the PN side and then fed through to BT so you shouldn't need to go back into MYBT.com to do this.  If you've tried this and it's not working as expected please let me know what you did and we'll look into it for you.

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Activating your ONE ID - Important Information

After analysing the small number of calls and interactions we are seeing please see below the following advice and tips for activating your BT ONE ID.  Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully in all the emails you receive when signing up to the app.  Hopefully by following the below this will save you the time in having to contact us.

1. Only verify your ONE ID using the email you get from BT and wait at least 20 minutes before clicking on the link in the email to do this. This email comes through after you've completed the ONE ID creation journey.

2. Please do not go through to mybt.com directly to verify your ONE ID otherwise it will ask for an account number that you do not have.

3. You'll receive an error message if you try to access the app before the ONE ID has been verified. Please do not use the link in this error message to verify your ONE ID otherwise again you'll be asked for your account number.

4. When signing up for a ONE ID the BT systems will recognise if you previously created a ONE ID with the same email address that you are now using to sign up to BT Sport.  If you can't remember your password please follow the password reset process. 

The service can take up to 24 hours to activate so please be patient - difficult I know if your team are about to kick off and your trying to access the service.

For any other problems outside of this or ones that exist after 24 hours then please see the help and support section of our website or get in touch with us through the normal channels. 

Hope this helps. 

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
Timalay
Grafter

Is there any way to cast this from mobile to a Roku 3 box, or would I need a ChromeCast for that?