Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App

FIXED
ideasvacuum
Dabbler

Re: BT Sport App

@simgoldblum wrote:

Like others I received the email and activated my BT ID. following receipt of their email  Downloaded the BTApp from the apple store.  When I signed in, got the error code TVE_A931, which is not known on the BT  error code website.  Any thoughts, please?

Sim Goldblum

Hello Sim

A Google search for TVE A931 seems to show that it's an Apple error code. Take a look at this post:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Error-Code-TVE-A931/td-p/1442511

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

@simgoldblum I've just messaged you with regards the error message you received.  This message relates to the BT TV anywhere app and not the sport app.  Can you confirm you've got the right app downloaded and if you're still having problems please respond to my PM.  Hope this resolves it for you.

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
simgoldblum

Thanks - my stupidity, was trying to use the wrong app!!

cubsfan
Dabbler

Thanks to PlusNet support chat I have now got BT Sport added with the discount.  However, when I try to run the app, once I enter my BT ID login details, it says that I need to activate the BT Sport app, but doesn't suggest how I do this as a PlusNet customer.  Is it just a question of waiting?

cubsfan
Dabbler

Cancel that, another attempt to follow the activation link from the "Activate your BT ID" link did the job.

VTilson

Not happy! Doesn't recognise my Samsung tablet running Android, or my PC running Windows 10. I don't want to watch on a tiny mobile phone screen - if anything, I want it on my TV, or my main PC as a second option. This is a rip off. I will be cancelling!
kerz2201
Dabbler

Hi, you can stream to your tv by way of a chromecast.  Hope that helps. 

ideasvacuum
Dabbler

..... you don't need the app for Windows 10 on a PC, just go to the website sport.bt.com and log in with your BT Sport App credentials. Edit: When on the BT Sport Web Page, pick the link to the sports item you want to watch - the login panel will then pop-up.

ideasvacuum
Dabbler

You can also connect your PC/Laptop to a smart TV via an HDMI cable. This is also possible with a smart phone or tablet.

scoobyjones1
Dabbler

Yes, I got decent results from a high spec windows 10 laptop using the HDMI output into my tv...though still quite jerky and laggy....with fast moving ball type sports such as tennis, cricket and football this makes watching difficult. Many smartphones...ie Samsungs from 6 upwards have stopped HDMI support. 

The best thing would be for the BT app to be available for smart TV's....as is Now TV with sky sports. That way you can just stream direct to a large screen rather than wifi to your phone and casting by wifi back again to your tv. No wonder it's juddery that way!

tinman1

I've received the invite email but am encountering problems when I click through the "Sign up for app" link, I'm being asked to login and then getting a blank screen - 

Response code 403

This happens whether I'm currently logged into my plusnet account or not. 

Any ideas?

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Forgive me for potentially being a bit thick here but, I have the email and I already subscribe to BT Sport via YouView, so is this app included in the £5 a month I already pay for having BT Sport via YouView or is the £2.50 (£5 after 12 months) mentioned in addition to the TV charge?

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@stereohaven.  If you already have the BT Sport Channel Pack then the App is free and it's already been added to your account.  You should have received an email as a channel pack customer to ask you to go and create a BT ONE ID.  These emails were sent around 3pm on the 9/8.  Please let me know if you haven't received this email.

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
Johnw10

When will we get our I'd number because when I signed it said I already had I'd which I don't 

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@Johnw10.  If the BT System recognised the email address you used in the ONE ID journey than it's likely that at some point in the past you've created a BT ONE ID, perhaps by logging onto BT Openzone WIFI or by using a similar service.  The BT system has a ONE ID associated with your email address.  It could be that the ONE ID is actually your email address and if this is the case you should follow the link to re-set your password in the journey, and then continue with the journey.  It will then add the service to your existing BT account. Please let me know if you're still struggling.   

Paul
 Plusnet Staff