cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App problems! Please help!

Jamescad

BT Sport App problems! Please help!

Hi,

I ordered the BT sport app the other day and after following all the instructions on how to set it up i received an email from BT asking for me to activate my BT ID. After clicking on the link it took me to a page where it then asked me to confirm my mothers maiden name but when i put in the answer it keeps saying the answer is incorrect. It said on the page to call the BT support number if youve forgot the security answer which i did. The person at BT does not seem able to help and are saying to try and go through the process again and register for another BT ID, however when i try and set it up it asks me for my plusnet username and as soon as i enter it it says that my BT ID is activated and to enter my log in details however when do this it doesnt work either.

Ive tried ringing Plusnet but can never get through and theres no contact email.

Please can someone help and advise.

Kind regards,

James
5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 63

Re: BT Sport App problems! Please help!

Hi @Jamescad ,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums.

I've checked into your account and we're showing that the BT Sport App component is active and so you should be able to just log in to the app with the BTID you set up recently.

From your post I'm unsure as to whether you know the BTID and password, can you let me know?

Jamescad

Hi Oskapapa,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.  Yes I do not know my BTID or password.  Please can you help?

Thanks,

James

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Jamescad

Thanks for getting back in touch.

When you create a BTID details for this are sent to your email address, If you are unable to see anything in your inbox I would advise to check your junk box to ensure details have not filtered into there.

If you have any further problems please get in touch.

Jamescad

My BTID wasn’t activated because when they sent me the activation email it then asked me a security question- what is my mothers maiden name. when i answer it says it says answer is incorrect. Please advise!!
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Jamescad

If you are having issues accessing your BT ID you will need to have a chat with BT regarding this, as unfortunately we have no access to those accounts. If it's an issue with your Plusnet account you are trying to log into, this is something that our customer services team can help you with.

Dean R
 Plusnet Staff