cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App not working - BT ID nightmare!

FIXED
drcarrera

BT Sport App not working - BT ID nightmare!

Hi

I'm having a nightmare trying to get my BT Sport App working! I've been through the registration process but what appears to have happened is that when creating a BT ID using the link sent by Plusnet it's somehow linked it to our old BT account (which is no longer active as we now have phone/broadband with Plusnet) so has failed to register the BT Sport App against it (when I log into the App it says "You haven't activated BT Sport on your account yet". 

I can't go through the registration process again as it simply says "Great news, you've already completed your registration. To access BT Sport simply download the BT Sport app and log in using your BT ID." ! I've contacted BT about this but they are unable to resolve it and I really don't know what to do next! 

Is it possible to cancel the original BT Sport app order, create a new one in the hope I can go through the registration process again with a different email address that won't then link it to the defunct BT account? Or is there a known way to resolve this issue?

regards,

Chris

13 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 14

Re: BT Sport App not working - BT ID nightmare!

Hi @drcarrera,

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your BT sport app issues.

I have had a look through and discussed potential ways to resolve this and your suggestion is the best route.

We are able to remove and then re-add the app to your account. This would require you to re-register a BT ID, but to ensure that this doesn't link to an old BT registration once more we would advise that you use an alternative email address to separate the old account from your new one.

If you are happy for me to do this please confirm and I will firstly remove the app and re-add this 24 hours later, at which point you can re-register.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Warwick
 Plusnet Help Team
drcarrera

Hi Warwick

Yes, this sounds like a good plan! Please go ahead. 

I'll ensure I use a different email and a different device to avoid any cached info issues.

thanks

Chris

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 14

Fix

Hi @drcarrera,

I have begun the process for you and have created a ticket on your account to monitor progress here

I will update the ticket with any further information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Warwick
 Plusnet Help Team
drcarrera

Hi Warwick

That seems to have solved the problem. I was able to create a new BT ID not linked to the old BT account and can now log into the BT Sport App.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 8

Hi there,

I am pleased to hear that your issue has been fixed.

Should you have any further queries in future, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are always here to help!

Kind Regards,

Aisha

Aisha Khan
 Plusnet Help Team
mcgeever1

Hi there,

i am having exactly the same problem. I have been on the phone numerous times and tickets have been put in.

This sounds like a great idea ( changing the BT id ect. ), i also can't get my extra channels this i take to be the same 

problem as i have also left BT for Plusnet. Would it be possible for you to cancel my sport and extra channel account 

and i have a different email to sign up again.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

@mcgeever1,

I'm sorry but the issue you're experiencing is actually different and resetting up your account will not resolve the problem. Your channels not working are related to an internal connectivity problem (which is currently being worked on today).

There's currently an open ticket on your account to monitor this getting resolved, it's currently with BT and we're awaiting their feedback. 

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
trewswompy

I am having the same problem and despite contacting BT have been unable to resolve it despite two half hour long online chat sessions. BT have now advised me to phone Plusnet but with waiting times of around an hour I am loathe to do this for what should be a simple solution. Please help!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 19

Hello @trewswompy,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the BT sports App not working and I can see you have spoken with a colleague today. They have devised a plan of action to resolve this here.

Please let us know if you need any further queries.

SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team
trewswompy

Issue now resolved. Thanks for your help.

timothyjhall

Hello I am having the same issue and I've been going round in circles trying to resolve it!

I've been trying to get the BT ID working after signing up for the BT Sport app on 14th Nov. When I first signed up, I used the email address associated to my plusnet account. Although the BT ID registration appeared to work, this email address had previously been used with BT and so didn't work when I tried to login to the BT sport app.

When I contacted plusnet support, you suggested I use a different email address and you would re-register for the BT ID. I provided the email address a new new email address and you tried to register that (This also meant that the email address associated with my plusnet account also changed).

That again failed to work and after speaking to you last weekend, you suggested I contact BT which I did. They deleted the BT ID registration and then said I should register it again manually on their website. However as I don't have a BT account number (as my account is with you), I was unable to do this. Even though they had deleted the account, they said it was not their problem and I needed to contact you again to get my BT ID account setup again..

So here I am again three weeks after signing up and still unable to login to the BT sport app though no fault of my own.

Can someone please sort out the BT ID and confirm that it will sucessfully login as I getting fed up of having to wait and go away and try things and then come back to yourselves or BT to try and resolve this. I do not feel that,as the customer, the onus should be on me to do the leg work to get this working.

Over to you to try and get this working please Smiley

Many Thanks

Tim

NB - When I try to login using the new email address as the BT ID and my plusnet account password as the password, I receive the message
"Sorry, we didn't recongise the details you entered. Please check and try again -or if you need a reminder of your username or password, please use the links provided (ID001)"

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Hi 

Can you please confirm (as per Step 5 of the ticket on your account) if you have received  a confirmation email from BT to the email address you used in the registration? 

Please open this email and click 'Activate your BT ID', then follow any additional steps.

Thanks, 

MoR

Alisdair C
 Plusnet Help Team
timothyjhall

Hello MoR,

Thanks for coming back to me. I didn't receive the email from BT. That was the reason i rang and spoke to support last weekend. Whilst they tried to help, they were unable to and at that point directed me  to BT chat support who delete the BT ID as mentioned.

I think the registration process needs starting again.

Thanks

Tim